Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 25, 2008, 3:47 PM   #11

I agree. I noticed this behavior when looking at the non moving parts of the images. It's really not an issue. The panning is. More comments to come as I do more shooting.

Gary
video25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2008, 8:42 PM   #12

First, I didn't download the clips because I didn't want to install megatools. :G

From your description, it looks like de-interlaced issue. As I know, Jazz use 1080i format when you connect to HDMI. It is very easy to see the effect as you describe during HDMI preview/playback. (The input is sensor 720p.)

But if the encoded clips have this issue, it is weird.

Rio12375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2008, 10:03 PM   #13

there is no excuse:G

you just use the browse place a description and agree, that's it, you may want to load the tools for a speedier load not needed

Rio12375 wrote:
Quote:
First, I didn't download the clips because I didn't want to install megatools. :G

From your description, it looks like de-interlaced issue. As I know, Jazz use 1080i format when you connect to HDMI. It is very easy to see the effect as you describe during HDMI preview/playback. (The input is sensor 720p.)

But if the encoded clips have this issue, it is weird.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2008, 12:15 AM   #14

I did load the megatool. But I didn't know how to use it.

Per video25's description, the encoded clips still have the interlaced-like effect. It is wierd, and I didn't know why.

For preview/playback on HDMI, I am sure it is 720p to 1080i issue. I saw it before.

Rio12375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 10:12 AM   #15

Hello Rio,

I am really only interested in the encoded clips as I want to use them and not just play them back on a hdmi. Is there some way of operating on the avi clips and "removing" the "interlacing" effect? My guess is that the answer is no. Maybe you or someone else on the forum has some ideas.

Thanks, Gary
Old May 29, 2008, 2:56 PM   #16

A quick question: is the 188 compatible with 4 gig sdhc cards?

Thanks
Old May 29, 2008, 7:12 PM   #17

it wil laccept 8 gig sdhc. pkg states 4 or 8
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 9:48 AM   #18

Hi Fishy,

Thanks. Bought a 4gig SDHC and it works fine in the camera. Jazz only says so on the box - not in the manual. Thanks for your eagle eyes.

You may know how I can resolve an issue with Microsoft Movie Maker. (I installed the Jazz codec from the disk). If this question should be in a different forum or a new thread, please tell me.

1. I import video into windows moviemaker and can drag the clip onto the timeline.

2. If I try to trim the clip, it doesn't work. Everything else does. If I first convert the avi file to a wmv file, then import the wmv file, then drag to timeline, then trim - it works fine. It must be a problem with the codec?? I don't want to loose resolution by going to this intermediate step every time I want to edit a Jazz clip.

Any suggestions? - or maybe there is a cheap video editor that you might recommend as an alternative.

Thanks,

Gary