Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 24, 2008, 3:41 AM   #1

So I purchased the Aiptek HD 1080. Over all, it's nice, but I'm not too pleased with the extreme bright/low light video, focus and zoom performance. Another big factor is editing. I do a fair amount of editing, and MPEG4 video proves to be all but un-editable in Preiere (as would most any other HD video, I guess...)

I'm not looking for an astounding video recorder, but something that could at least match my current Sony TRV-240 Digital8 camcorder. Optical zoom and auto focus would be nice, but neither are required as long as the video (mostly indoor) is decent.

After browsing around, I happened to find a Panasonic SDR-S10 for about $170. The lens is MUCH better than the Aiptek (F1.8 at the wide end!), stereo mics, also runs on SD cards... I know it's not an HD camcorder, but again, I'm only looking for something similar to what I have now.

I guess this camera isn't a "Hybrid" but maybe someone here would know how it compares to others around the $200 range.
The_Other_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2008, 5:53 AM   #2

Hi

I am just getting ready to post about some new cameras in the hybrid list. There are a number of 1080/720p models from DXG and digilife. I have not checked ispan yet.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2008, 6:34 AM   #3

I think when we try to just think that these are PC CAMS we then can appriciate the use of them, when we start to comparethem to a Home Theter model then we expect way way mor of these

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
Hi

I am just getting ready to post about some new cameras in the hybrid list. There are a number of 1080/720p models from DXG and digilife. I have not checked ispan yet.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2008, 10:13 AM   #4

It is a shame The sort of features the other one wants would cost little to add to these cameras. To make a camera as capable as a $1000 camera can be done in less than $200. In reality though, you need something at least like a handheld camcorder format to hold it properly and have room for conventional controls.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote