Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 26, 2008, 11:52 AM   #1

Any one test whether any of the recent hybrid memory card camcorders will have their video play on the Sony PS3 directly by plugging in the Memory card in and playing?
I know that most of Sony's own Cybershot (Still picture cams with video feature) Digicams will, and I have tried some of the Fuji (like the S700, etc, and Canon's powershots still digicams will (like the S5is, etc.)... But I haven't tried the camcorder types...
Any one know..?

newsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2008, 8:54 AM   #2

If you already have a PS3 why not download the sample camcorder videos that are present in this forum and try for yourself. That would be the best way to find out.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 10:10 AM   #3

I have tried some, but the Hi Def sample videos do not work. I am looking for something that is NOT HD, that may work. I dunno. I'll try to download some more.... Thanks!

Old May 27, 2008, 10:14 AM   #4

I believe that most of the sample videos on this forum are in YouTube format, which sometimes is not the native format that a lot of these cams shoot.. I would need to download the original files from the cameras to see if they would play on my PS3.
Old May 27, 2008, 10:45 AM   #5

I suspect you will have to convert them as there are many slight variations on the mpeg4 format. For instance my DVD player states it will play mpeg4 but it turns out it will only play the DIVX variation. If you look in the Sanyo forum, there are some downloadable samples in mp4 format for the SD camcorders. I doubt the PS3 will play the asf files from the SD Aipteks but I would be glad to be proven wrong!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote