Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 7, 2008, 9:09 AM   #21

I have been considering one of the Aiptek HD models but I think I'll wait a little longer as things just got interesting.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 9:21 AM   #22

I will go out with my newest one today, and conclude that doing outdoor radius shots of 10-20 feet from the mic will answer your question.

I will also go the economy way now . since I shipped my better one home.

Sounds like I am on the negetive side , no not at all I had this planned and while the rain is nbot present off I am to film and hopefully make a priceless moment.

dam it wa sunny, now it looks like rain
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 9:57 AM   #23

Personally I would prefer more manual controls than design. It looks almost as their AHD 300+/AHD+, just a bit more chubby around the lens. More manual controls is what I wish for but I don't think Aiptek listens to consumers. I don't think they don't want to, I think it has to do with economics. It's probably bit costly and they want to keep it as low/cheap as possible.

If Aiptek came out with a hybrid cam with more than enough manual controls, optical stabilization, stereo mic, mic input, accesories shoe, higher bitrate and so on, they wouldn't have much to update this "dream" hybrid with. The successor to this "dream" hybrid would mostly have only some fixes and/ or body design change tops. Like the new Sanyo Xacti VPC-HD1010 and older HD1000. Minor changes between these two imo. For how long can Sanyo keep this product line up?

I may be pessimistic for saying this but I don't think Aiptek will "ever" build a "dream" hybrid as i described above, cuz it's products are targeted for beginner consumer level only. That's what Fishy is saying over and over again to people(including me:-)), who just bought one of these cheap hybrids and are complaining over it's vid quality, man. controls and so on.

adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 11:42 AM   #24

I think this time is real image stabilization. I dont notice any decent image stabilization in today Aiptek models.

Quenaelin wrote:
Quote:
Aiptek has already image stabilization in their models, this isn't optical image stabilization in their new model. It looks like only thing which is new is taking photo while recording video.

sr71 wrote:
Quote:
So it appears that the only new feature is the image stabilization....
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 11:45 AM   #25

Here is a short VIDEO PREVIEW of the Z600pro:
http://www.tomshw.it/news.php?newsid=14283
He doesn't talk about the release date, but he says it will have the same price of last year Aiptek HD, i.d less than 300€ (the speaker actually says "same price of last year camcorder that recorded at 720p" - but i think he doesnt know Aiptek camcorder very well ).
Then he simply tells the tech feature we already know and complains about the zoom switch position (not confortable)
Old Jun 7, 2008, 12:03 PM   #26

Hello SR71, or maybe I may say Ciao:

Very interesting find, this Italian video about the Z600 PRO.

May I ask how do you do it, finding information like this?

I hope I would be as good as you, maybe I would be able to find out if Aiptek will
open an office here in Canada soon.

From what I understand from the video, I'm fully trilingual, English, French, and
Italian, sometimes I don't know if I should have an Expresso or a french croissant,
but seriously.
It seems the Italian narrartor in the video states that the zooming function is difficult
to use.
Seems that this is a feature that needs to be improved on newer models.

But all in all from what I saw in the video the camcorder fits well in the hand.
I hope we will have price and availability information soon.

SR71, being from Italy is distribution of Aiptek camcorders easy, or do Italians have
the same difficulty as Canadians?

Ti Saluto da Montreal Canada

Robert
RobMtl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 12:48 PM   #27

Hi Robert!
the best way to find the information you want is searching in google using precise words: instead of searching the general thing, look for that little component that characterizes it.
About the zoom: the speaker complaints about the zoom switch position , that is not so confortable for your hand.
I think that in Italy you can find Aiptek easily, but I ordered my (arrived today!!!!) Aiptek Action HD from US. In fact, if u look for my posts, you'll see me begging for someone to send me the Aiptek Action. Finally I found a seller on ebay
So, my suggestion is to do what I did: order it abroad. If you need to know where to buy, ask me.
Ok,
now I gotta go and watch the Formula1 in Montreal :-)

ciao!
(Sorry, some thoughts a bit off-topic)

RobMtl007 wrote:
Quote:
Hello SR71, or maybe I may say Ciao:

Very interesting find, this Italian video about the Z600 PRO.

May I ask how do you do it, finding information like this?

I hope I would be as good as you, maybe I would be able to find out if Aiptek will
open an office here in Canada soon.

From what I understand from the video, I'm fully trilingual, English, French, and
Italian, sometimes I don't know if I should have an Expresso or a french croissant,
but seriously.
It seems the Italian narrartor in the video states that the zooming function is difficult
to use.
Seems that this is a feature that needs to be improved on newer models.

But all in all from what I saw in the video the camcorder fits well in the hand.
I hope we will have price and availability information soon.

SR71, being from Italy is distribution of Aiptek camcorders easy, or do Italians have
the same difficulty as Canadians?

Ti Saluto da Montreal Canada

Robert
Old Jun 9, 2008, 8:49 AM   #28

One good idea about zoom rocker could be used with forefinger, like in this picture. But I guess it will make camera more bulkier and it is still difficult to use, so thumb operated zoom is quite good with pistol grip cameras, what do you think?

I just wonder why Aiptek can't continue make small models like Aiptek DV5700 was, it would be easy to use zoom like ordinary camcorder style. I would buy Panasonic SDR-SW20 style camcorder right away, if it could record HD and make decent 5 MP stills. There just isn't small ordinary format camcorder around in the market, I would buy it right away. Digilife has couple models, but they aren't sold here in Europe and I really don't know where you could even buy them abroad?

Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 9:03 AM   #29

Having returned a AHD 200 back to the shop because of the awfull sound quality and because the poor performance in low light environments, I just spoke to someone in supportto try to find out which aiptek camera may no longer be affected by the awful sound quaility (could be described as if someone had a pillowor a plastic bag over the microphone under certain condictions)and the poor lightquality (it seems this maybe caused because the aiptek cameras do not have infrared sensor to deal with low light environments).

Support seems to think that the AHD z600 may offer some improvements in these 2 areas, so i think i'm going to hold on until this is out and until i see some video reviews, they said 2 months at leastbefore we see these on the shops, due to this i would say probably they are going be around just before christimas time.

Meanwhile i will stick with the excellent video and sound quality of my nokia N95.

Another thing which might be of interest to everyone here, the only camera aiptek does that can accept an external microphone currently is the pocketdv h100, none of the other aiptek cams offer this feature, i did not ask if this will be available or not on the z600.

I just had a really crazy idea, i wonder if there is some kind ofinfrared device that could be used to improve low light environments with the aiptek cameras?

delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 9:29 AM   #30

Greetings Delta:

Now that is an excellent news story about the Z600 Pro.

Also I didn't know that the Aiptek pocketdv h100 had an external mic, why hasn't Aiptek continued with this feature, it would have solved all of our problems.

As for the Z600Pro, if it will available in shops by October that would be great for reviews.

Regards Robert
RobMtl007 is offline   Reply With Quote