Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:30 PM   #1

I just got the word on this new Aiptek. Apparently it's their latest model. I did't know there were other HD Aipteks until I came over to this forum looking for reviews and news of this newest model.

For some reason, I've always had the opinion that the Aiptek line was pretty low quality. Not sure how I even came by that opinion???? This new model looks pretty darn good. I've got a Sanyo Xacti CG65 and it's okay. I also have a Canon TX1. It's an exceptional camera except for the fiddly controls that make it difficult to operate with one hand. The tiny LCD is another feature that needs improving.

Hoping for some info on this new Aiptek soon.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:19 PM   #2

Hi Setter Dog,

There "is" a new Aiptek hybrid coming but that is the AHD Z600. The one(HDV21X) you are referring to is the Action HD. This hybrid cam has been on the market for some time now. Fishycomics and others have reviewed this h-cam so look for the h-cam name(Action HD) on top as it's a sticky.

adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:28 PM   #3

haha adalfa beat me to it!

As he said, it's called the Action HD and is sold in Walmart.

I have never thought the Aipteks were low quality. They have given Sanyo a good run for their money in my opinion. I have both the Sanyo C40 and the Aiptek MPVR Standard Definition cameras. The C40 was at one time twice the price of the Aiptek but it's not twice the video quality so the Aiptek was clearly the bargain.

Where the Sanyos excel though is that they have more in the way of manual controls whereas the Aipteks have none.

The Aipteks have their quirks but so do the more expensive solid state cameras. They all have their problems.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:39 PM   #4

ment Wallyworld

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:

I have never thought the Aipteks were low quality. They have given Sanyo a good run for their money in my opinion. I have both the Sanyo C40 and the Aiptek MPVR Standard Definition cameras. The C40 was at one time twice the price of the Aiptek but it's not twice the video quality so the Aiptek was clearly the bargain.

Where the Sanyos excel though is that they have more in the way of manual controls whereas the Aipteks have none.

The Aipteks have their quirks but so do the more expensive solid state cameras. They all have their problems.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 6:01 PM   #5

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
ment Wallyworld

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:

I hope to visit a Walmart next Tuesday and handle one of these cameras.

A few questions for actual users, if you don't mind helping out a potential owner:

Does this camera have image stabilzation?

How is the sound?

Can you operate the camera with one hand, including zoom?

Does it have in camera editing, ie, shortening clips from front or back?

Aiptek seems to have several HD models. Is this the best choice?

Thanks folks,....I'll catch up one of these days on new stuff!

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:56 PM   #6

setter dog.

the Sanyo Xacti Hd 700 if you ask me would be the one to look at or simular, of the sanyos for all those features.

The action or go-hd do ont have stabilization neither the A-HD+ or a-hd. not even digital, or optical. software or proper filming can compinsate for this we're in production of making a device for this.

Sound: well hate to say this I am now using my Jazz and I know it sounds better then the orginal clip to each teir own.

operate one Hand:

yes, but you are best to find your own way of correctly filming. Big hands will have to reposition to get a smooth grip best filming is a tripod and hands.

yes you can zoom one handed

editing inside the cam: no not at all, cut out all the features you get a cheap cam, add al them the price goes up. be a great feature I preferre a file count that does not repeat.

Best choice: your decision, not mine

I chose the A-HD series not the go series why Fixed focus no troubles in focusing, and screen does not have the mic so I am happy with my choice optical zoom or not.

Setter Dog wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
I hope to visit a Walmart next Tuesday and handle one of these cameras.

A few questions for actual users, if you don't mind helping out a potential owner:

Does this camera have image stabilzation?

How is the sound?

Can you operate the camera with one hand, including zoom?

Does it have in camera editing, ie, shortening clips from front or back?

Aiptek seems to have several HD models. Is this the best choice?

Thanks folks,....I'll catch up one of these days on new stuff!

Jack
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote