Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:03 AM   #21

Hi. I buy this cam yesterday. Today I am going to prove it. If I can tomorrow I upload some video samples.
In the link i upload the cam manual.
http://rapidshare.com/files/125636293/Eng.pdf.html

maxxpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:46 AM   #22

Congratulations with ur new hybrid camera, Maxxpower. I'm looking forward to see some "raw" footage and pictures as well. Also please tell me about the joystick control, like how it is to use. Looks similar to Aipteks Z500+/Action HD.

Enjoy ur day with ur new h-cam. Oh and also thx for the manual link.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 9:12 AM   #23

adalfa wrote:
Quote:
Congratulations with ur new hybrid camera, Maxxpower. I'm looking forward to see some "raw" footage and pictures as well. Also please tell me about the joystick control, like how it is to use. Looks similar to Aipteks Z500+/Action HD.

Enjoy ur day with ur new h-cam. Oh and also thx for the manual link.
adalfa: The joystick is easy to use. I donĀ“t know the Apitek z500. In this camera, you use it in camera mode to: activate night mode (up), activate video lights (down), change the withe balance (right) and to activate the flash (left). Also, it serves to move in menu and submenus and to select by pressing it (Ok Button).
Old Jun 29, 2008, 3:42 PM   #24

Calculating from the manual, the bit-rate is around 8.88mb/s for 1080 mode, and 720p is around 4.44mb/s. It is amazing that manufacturers has an aversion to quoting bit rates. Still, no 720p60 mode, not good. I hope the video turns out better than what we have seen.

But, the manual says that the storage amount will vary +- 30% depending on complexity of scene saturation. This is likely to do with still quality only, but I wonder if people can test different videos for varying compression rates?

I wish all the manufacturers would grow up, if they have a good camera publish native footage in each mode, testing the basics (high contrast full sunlit scenes, indoors, and in the dark, with motion and water scenes)) of a few seconds each strung together in advance of release, and bit rates and other specs. Get it reviewed before release (like companies do with Watch Impress in Japan) send them here. If it is really a good camera we will most likely give it a good review (if you don't send it, we might just assume that it was no good anyway ). Sanyo has been known to do some of these sorts of things.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 6:34 AM   #25

Greetings:

I believe I found a manufacture in China who makes the same camcorder like

the Digilife DDV-1080HD.

Here is the website link to the camcorder:

http://www.twpeter.com/sdp/339983/4/...25-758784.html

As you can see from the image I've included they look alike from the back and the Specs are also similar.

Is this the manufacturing company of Digilife?

Regards Robert
Attached Images

RobMtl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 7:47 AM   #26

Here is another one just posted:

http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news...ancerlink.html

http://lancerlink.free.makeshop.jp/s.../004000000002/

Notice, they both say they do 720p60 (good) but the DDV-1080HD manual says it only does 30fps at 720p.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:10 PM   #27

Thx for the info, maxxpower.

I wonder who is the OEM of this h-cam. Well once the cam is out, slowly different companies are adding it to their range of products. Digilife, Laserlink, Vensor Int. and so on. I'm wondering if they are all exactly the same or are there some minor differences between them. Digilife DDV-1080HD doesn't mention 720p60 in it's manual so I'm guessing it's not available but the other previously mentioned brands does include this function. Now I know these manuals aren't ususally 100% correct so real life test of this h-cam is needed. Another thing is "audio". How is it compared to say Aiptek's AHD+. Questions, questions.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 8:33 PM   #28

I upload the first video i made with the cam.
The download link is: http://rapidshare.com/files/12620563...y_day.rar.html

Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:34 PM   #29

Thx for the video samples, maxxpower. It looks more or less the same as Aiptek's HD range of h-cams.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 6:55 PM   #30

Thanks for the video too. Though I have trouble with .rar archive files because you have to download the whole file before you can view any of it (no broadband here). You know that you do not need .rar anyway it wont compress much over the existing h264 compression (and I have find a decompresser to view the .rar file).