Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:35 AM   #1

How do I know what firmware I have? This is the "silver" model, should I have instead looked for a "blue" model?
opticalserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:44 AM   #2

do this turn on

hit the upper left button (MODE)

now hold the MODE and hit the LCD BACK BUTTON( previous)

after you view what you're looking at operation.

Target only carries Black for the a-hd, and PLUS.

I seen a Blue one in my mind I thought it was the A-HD?

So now They are starting to place other colors in theirstore line? wish they showed the RED one LMAO:

camera A-HD sells for $119.99

what was the PLus 139.99 or more?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:56 AM   #3

Sorry, had a brain fart, disregard the silver and blue comments.

It is in fact the AHD PLUS black, and it is in fact (or was, this weekend) $119.

my version is 1.404, HW X5

See pictures of packaging and receipt:

Old Jun 23, 2008, 8:37 AM   #4

great news you got an updated version 119.99 lowest ball price for a A-HD+

I thought it said A-HD in its papers? typo missprint andeven your receipt is wrong LMAO:

so I now wonder whatthey did fix in the cam
Old Jun 23, 2008, 8:57 AM   #5

I don't know. I walked by the camera section and they had a cut out from the ad saying "Saturday and Sunday only, $119 for the AHD PLUS" so I saw plus and said "I'll take it."

This is a sample of what I just took inside without much light:

http://www.vimeo.com/1218478
Old Jun 23, 2008, 9:41 AM   #6

Once again congrads on such a low budget Economy cam this almost brings it to the jazzs level of pricing.

the shot looksawesome and hopefully will do the trick for ya
Old Jun 25, 2008, 3:59 PM   #7

I just joined after using this forum to help with my research on the Aiptek A-HD+. I just picked up the A-HD+ at my local Target for $119 also (I'm in Northern California).

Target has an advertisement this week (June 22-28) for the Aiptek A-HD (720p version, NOT the plus version)for $119. When I went to the one closest to my work, I saw the A-HD (720p version) and bought it thinking it was a good deal. I read this thread and decided to try a different Target in the area. When I looked, they had the A-HD+ (1080p version) for the same price! So I bought that one and will return the other one.

The packaging on the two units look almost exactly the same except one says A-HD/720p and the other says A-HD+/1080p. Both are black. On the receipt, the same Target SKU shows up but the UPC code on the back of each one is different. My guess is that this is strange situation where Aiptek had to get Target A-HD units for their ad but couldn't fulfill it so they had to ship them A-HD+ ones to supplement the supply. Target then had to program their scanners to give the same SKU/price for either one. It may bea hit and miss to find the A-HD+ depending on how the units were shipped out.
way2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 4:04 PM   #8

congrads as well, and welcome aboard

no matter which one both are a great price, but the Plus is the better deal in ways?

I was just there and not a single unit on the shelf just old MPVr+'s

would have bought a third one for the hell of it and modded it as well. LOL

hit-n-miss it is

way2go wrote:
Quote:
I just joined after using this forum to help with my research on the Aiptek A-HD+. I just picked up the A-HD+ at my local Target for $119 also (I'm in Northern California).

Target has an advertisement this week (June 22-28) for the Aiptek A-HD (720p version, NOT the plus version)for $119. When I went to the one closest to my work, I saw the A-HD (720p version) and bought it thinking it was a good deal. I read this thread and decided to try a different Target in the area. When I looked, they had the A-HD+ (1080p version) for the same price! So I bought that one and will return the other one.

The packaging on the two units look almost exactly the same except one says A-HD/720p and the other says A-HD+/1080p. Both are black. On the receipt, the same Target SKU shows up but the UPC code on the back of each one is different. My guess is that this is strange situation where Aiptek had to get Target A-HD units for their ad but couldn't fulfill it so they had to ship them A-HD+ ones to supplement the supply. Target then had to program their scanners to give the same SKU/price for either one. It may bea hit and miss to find the A-HD+ depending on how the units were shipped out.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 8:57 PM   #9

I went by the local Target and they also had black case A-HD+ cameras fro $119. I also wonder if Aiptek has sold out of the A-HD and isn't planning to manufacture anymore and the A-HD+ will replace it? Actually I doubt there was little difference in the two cameras hardware wise and the A-HD+ was just configured for 1080p (and I'm not suggesting it is possible to hack the reconfirguration on a 720p A-HD. It's probably more complicated than that).

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2008, 1:58 PM   #10

I bought one at my local target for $120 too. The guy at the counter said they didn't have any but after a quick look I found them. It is pretty sweet for the price.
jra111 is offline   Reply With Quote