Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 7, 2008, 2:42 PM   #11

A few sample vids I made.

some vids have sound some not. possable loose wiring. if it is the jack itself, the plug, or internal mic uncertain. when the plug is pushed in that may be just the problem for me. so back to the drawing board, and will correct the issue. If I have to scratch the whole project I will just do that having a spare mic, or fixing the internal. not much difference if asked on the Plus version.

will continue some tests at a later date.

those who are interested may always review the ones placed here thanks
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2008, 3:42 PM   #12

As iam now soldered back to a Internal Mic Only lets see if I have any interruptions.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 3:49 PM   #13

I have further tested my Internal aftermarket Mic will cause interrrupted issues sound, no sound my next step for me to do will be External only and then if al lelse fails scrap the project

http://vimeo.com/1298499
Old Jul 8, 2008, 3:32 PM   #14

when you told scrap the project.. you mean only to put back only the jack on top to put any external mic ? Because, it's sound very very great.
Opcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 4:16 PM   #15

scrap as in damaged the project failed for me.

wiring the board is critcal heat will damage and incorrect cleaning. I needed to reverse proceedures and find the defect, and that was in my case the Aftermarket Internal mic. i am now back with orinal parts.

Opcod wrote:
Quote:
when you told scrap the project.. you mean only to put back only the jack on top to put any external mic ? Because, it's sound very very great.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 4:29 PM   #16

well as I am going to find out if a magnet in its wrong place wil linterferre with things like sound Just be careful of the mod. I am unhappy with what is happening with my cam LOL
Old Jul 25, 2008, 11:00 AM   #17

Hi, I've tried to watch these videos but they are all set to private - I have signed up for Vimeo and here at steve's...How do I watch them?
CorvusMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:57 PM   #18

welcome aboard. I made them private for further testing. I have not gone further into this project, as I ran into some complications, maybe a magnet placement. or some unknown noise after the mod

The video shows you that I am able to do the job get the job done an provide a test clip. If you aregoing ANYONE is going to attempt this mod Please make sure you are able to, thanks.

they are again made public enjoy

CorvusMoon wrote:
Quote:
Hi, I've tried to watch these videos but they are all set to private - I have signed up for Vimeo and here at steve's...How do I watch them?
Old Aug 29, 2008, 5:36 AM   #19

Hi,
dont know which thread is still active, so I post my question here too. Anyone who has done this mod on a HD-DV 1080P (the one with zoom, AHD Z500 in europe)??? Or oppened the cam for other reasons??? The design of the Z500 cam is rather different. Eg it seems the mic is on the back of the LCD panel... I want to add a microphone jack(because the built in mic is pretty useless). And I noticed too late that the new Z600 has already a mic jack build in (and nearly same price, at least here in europe).

Any hint/link/video appreciated.
hdtvgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2009, 8:45 AM   #20

update