Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 27, 2008, 6:46 PM   #1

Hi, i just purchased a Jazz HDV178, and i am also looking forward to buying a Sandisk Ultra 2 4GB SDHC card for it , i was wondering ....lets say i put the card in it and take a few pictures and some video's , then i would want to put them on my computer, could i just plug in the USB in the side of the Jazz and get access to my media?, or do i have to pull out the card each time and put it in my computer?? cause my computer is only SD....not SDHC ...so i would like to know this before i purchase the card.

thanks alot!
Hemicuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2008, 7:32 PM   #2

Welcom aboard

Excellent question: believe it or not the hybrids are card readers

and plaed a sdhc in looks good if a video isrequired give enough time allow second member likeRGVcam to confirm thanks for the question

Hemicuda wrote:
Quote:
Hi, i just purchased a Jazz HDV178, and i am also looking forward to buying a Sandisk Ultra 2 4GB SDHC card for it , i was wondering ....lets say i put the card in it and take a few pictures and some video's , then i would want to put them on my computer, could i just plug in the USB in the side of the Jazz and get access to my media?, or do i have to pull out the card each time and put it in my computer?? cause my computer is only SD....not SDHC ...so i would like to know this before i purchase the card.

thanks alot!
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:28 AM   #3

Yes I can confirm that all you need to do is plug the camera into your USB connector with the supplied lead and a drive called 'DV" will show up. You can then transfer your video, photos or mp3's.

Alternatively you can always purchase a cheap SDHC compatible USB card reader for under $20 to do the same thing.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:55 AM   #4

ok thanks alot guys
Hemicuda is offline   Reply With Quote