Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 10, 2008, 11:31 PM   #21

Sfrtzinger,

I tested version 1.2 and it works with files in any folder.

I would like comment on MOV to DVD (MPG2) conversion quality. A few weeks ago I converted MOV 720p to DVD using MediaConcept Encoder. Using Version 1.2 I converted the same files and noticed better the image quality ( colors, sharpness, contrast etc)
voyeurtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 1:49 PM   #22

Anyone have any more feature suggestions?
sfritzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 3:39 PM   #23

Make it run under Linux so that I can use it on my new Eee PC which is running Xandros (Debian).:-) Currently I'm using Mencoder to convert files to 800x448 Xvid files which play back smoothly full screen on it. The files I converted with your utility to MPEG-2 720x480 also playback nicely.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 3:32 PM   #24

A feature to join files being converted would be helpful. Joining files is the feature I use the most before I edit my clips
voyeurtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:43 PM   #25

I agree with Voyeurtp, that a way to stich the files together would be very useful
88impact_blue88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2008, 5:31 AM   #26

Yes it's true, joining files is the next major thing this great utility should do.

A good way to implement it, IMHO, is to make a separate tab for joining existing files also, but this is a lot of work i think.

Actually i'm using yamb to join my files, it's working great.
RyLoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:19 AM   #27

hdguy Thanks for such useful utility.
It would be nice if you cold add an option to delete files from camcorder after copying it to PC.
Piterplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 3:59 PM   #28

ive just bought a sanyo xacti hd700 and im loving it! I use a mac and im having great trouble converting the mp4 with aac sound into something compatible with roxio toast 9 [for hd-dvd authoring on a mac- it does work currently but re-encodes the whole movie file instead of just converting the aac which takes hours!]

ive searched the web for weeks and im still stumped for an easy way to convert my videos to ac3 and video passthrough.....but ive had no luck

but then ive recentlystubled accross this forum...........and i am happy to get down on my knees and beg!........

SFRITZINGER im pleading you to help me, your application seems to be exactlly what im looking for!!! I can use it through bootcamp on my mac but im pleading with you to make it work for my Xacti......

youve mentioned an os-x version also - now that would be fantastic!! but i would be more than happy to just have an xp version which i could turn to the dark side to use every now and again!! as i can understand that you must have more important work to do.....

anyhow thats it.
nealjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2008, 3:00 PM   #29

okay so i can get aiptekutility to work in mac osx using 'crossover'[wine based app] windows emulator, but it doesnt find any files even though the movie files are located in the same location as the app. dragging the folder/file into the app window also doesnt work in crossover so im a bit stumpped.......

sfritzinger - is it possible for you to add the option of selecting the folder location for conversion by selecting an import button or something, surely this would then work??
nealjane is offline   Reply With Quote