Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 6, 2008, 5:06 PM   #1

while on My trip, and not sure till after the Mod, I am sure I had that ring on the lens barrel, it is gone. No where in thehouse to befound , maybe in the vid i can see the ring, but I am sure while in/out the pocket it finally came off the 3m adhesive. I was in the 3m town lol.

so I just grabbed an older ring and glued with gorilla glue two peices. it isholding now all is in order.

Nothing lasts forever they say.

Well if I can contact a company see if they sell add'l rings I be set for now theones I found awhile back i have one left , will do just fine

thenext time I shall take my wide angle with me this time I left behind.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2008, 7:08 PM   #2

I accidentally threw my spare rings into the trash. If you find some spare rings, please let us know

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2008, 8:28 PM   #3

Just a thought but see if your local hardware store might have rings or washers that might work. They won't have adhesive but you can add that yourself. Take a small magnet with you to make sure the material is magnetic (if not well marked).

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2008, 4:05 AM   #4

i was lucky I hadfound two on thejob,and are acceptable for the magnet. I used the one I cut due to it being just shy of the size.

went back on the modded one so no sweat.............

yes will let you know maybe emailing the person, andsunpack etc. for add'l ones

hdguy wrote:
Quote:
Just a thought but see if your local hardware store might have rings or washers that might work. They won't have adhesive but you can add that yourself. Take a small magnet with you to make sure the material is magnetic (if not well marked).

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote