Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 9, 2008, 6:41 PM   #1

I made a similar topic to this in the What To Buy forum, though it was probably misplaced. My question is, in loud environments such as Marching Band performances, which HD AIPTEK is going to give the best sound.

I had purchased an A-HD 720p and returned it, as even indoor quiet speaking was completely overblown. I'm hoping this was just a lemon.

Not concerned with 1080p vs. 720p, not concerned with frame rate, or lighting, at this point JUST which provide better sound in loud situations while still being an HD aiptek.

Thanks guys!
KnightJesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2008, 6:54 PM   #2

Welcome Aboard Knightjesse.

The Aiptek Envir. Dam I gave the new name away:G

Absolutely NO Aiptek is going to be perfect for a concert, etc. some sounds are loud and the cam will capture what it will hear. LOUD noise, What triggers the Aiptek to cature sound that may be just right not sure anymore. Yjhey fooled around with FW always tweaking the DBs never placing a control for us to just rise and lower.

That can lead to a mod a volume switch on 1.6FW simple to do, but Aiptek will not electronically do it repeating myself aren't we........

Aiptek A-HD 1.6 is a louder cam, 2.002 a smoother softer sound

Aiptek A-HD+ 1.02 is a softer sound 1.404 may be the lateest but not sure if thesound was fixed? you will also lose low light octive

the best loud Aip, sorry no such thing

ny 2 cents trust me if you'regoing to trasure the sound get something better

KnightJesse wrote:
Quote:
I made a similar topic to this in the What To Buy forum, though it was probably misplaced. My question is, in loud environments such as Marching Band performances, which HD AIPTEK is going to give the best sound.

I had purchased an A-HD 720p and returned it, as even indoor quiet speaking was completely overblown. I'm hoping this was just a lemon.

Not concerned with 1080p vs. 720p, not concerned with frame rate, or lighting, at this point JUST which provide better sound in loud situations while still being an HD aiptek.

Thanks guys!
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2008, 10:00 PM   #3

Well, my current camera is a DigiLife DDV V1, I've had it for 3 or 4 years and has survived plenty of falls and tribulations. Still a trooper, but it's falling apart. On the plus side, it's microphone was and still is perfect, though it appears to be on the verge of going to digicam heaven in the near future...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6K7UrUFI1Y is an example of what my DDV V1 can handle, and what I need my HD AIPTEK to handle. With a reasonable amount of speculation, which version would you recommend?
Old Jul 10, 2008, 7:14 AM   #4

if you have had a digilife would you continue to keep to the Digilife family? they make a hd model?
Old Jul 10, 2008, 12:45 PM   #5

I don't remember how to get to the firmware info but I've been taking video of bands including one playing at the local farmer's market the other day which was fairly loud and the audio didn't break-up (clip). I don't know if I'm just lucky or they really did fix the sound on these. Seems my first GO HD didn't have a clipping problem but the replacement does.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 12:53 PM   #6

menu butto that gets you to the icons of cam sett voice

now hold the menu do not let go and then hit the backspace of the LCD

done
Old Jul 10, 2008, 4:19 PM   #7

I have a version 1.108 of the firmware on the A-HD+.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 5:09 PM   #8

great t oknow. I thought the place Iwas at was totally sold out and restocked, but our guess iswrongthey may have awarehouseof the same lott ofFW etc andwell no biggie.

Old Jul 10, 2008, 5:23 PM   #9

This'll help:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=FILE0077.flv

is an example of audio from my previous A-HD. Is this audio TYPICAL? or is this NOT what you guys generally get?
Old Jul 10, 2008, 6:04 PM   #10

Ouch!

Tat was what?

Here is the Orginal A-Hd 1.2 FW at coney Island when I did my review last year. looking back at the footage and sound what went wrong???????

give you 6 letters _ _ _ _ _ _ Aiptek they ruined a good thing.

There were loud speakers and Music proforming and people dancing, could not get any better then this. allow sometime for youtube to load

http://www.youtube.com/v/DSigUcGk5Ms