Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 18, 2008, 5:50 PM   #21

Jim, Sorry you had a problem. I have a V1253 and two V1073s. Touch wood - no problems yet. However, the LCD fragility of all these tiny cameras worries me every time I put them into my pocket. Sometimes I wish I had bought Circuit City's insurance, which includes broken LCDs.

The V1253 LCD does seem 'stronger' than the V1073.

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 3:35 AM   #22

I found two reviews, First at laptop magazine:
http://blog.laptopmag.com/hands-on-w...t-hd-camcorder

Why is their indoor footage shot at 60fps brighter than that shot at 30fps? I can't believe they didn't comment on this, unless it was an error. It will be good when an experienced photography reviewer gets his/her hands on the Zi6, rather than techies who "fall in love" with the item they are reviewing (their words)
Anyway - it is interesting that as the robots eyes shine straight at the camera (30fps) the effect is both horizontal and vertical bars, limited in size. This is not the same CCD technology as is in my V1073 or V1253 CCD sensors, which have solid vertical bars. Is it CMOS? I am not sure... Their video gives no idea whatsoever of the lighting level during the indoors clips, again, lack of a professional eye.
Audio sounds good. Similar to the mono V series Kodaks. Which I guess is not all that surprising

They don't mention any setup or configuration, so I guess there is none. No attempt to measure battery life. Sigh...
The second review - a video one this time, at web video universe
http://www.webvideouniverse.com/film...le.php/3759776

Color balance looked not bad in the short (low quality) daylight clips he showed. Exposure looked good too. Maybe Kodak have got it right this time

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 7:38 PM   #23

As a point of clarification, the Zi6 uses a 1/4.5-type 1.6MP CMOS sensor, not a CCD.
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 9:54 PM   #24

billy wrote:
Quote:
As a point of clarification, the Zi6 uses a 1/4.5-type 1.6MP CMOS sensor, not a CCD.
Actually Jim was on about his V1253 which does have a CCD. Having said that, a case can be made that he did cause confusion by posting about it under the Zi6 topic!:G
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 9:58 PM   #25

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
billy wrote:
Quote:
Actually Jim was on about his V1253 which does have a CCD. Having said that, a case can be made that he did cause confusion by posting about it under the Zi6 topic!:G

I myself was a bit confused, so I put that out there for anyone else reading this post that was wondering.
billy is offline   Reply With Quote