Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 20, 2008, 4:25 AM   #1

Hello All,

I just thought I would let you all know that there are tons of cheap NP-60 1400mAh batteries on Ebay, I just bought 2 for $9, free shipping! (to USA and Canada).

I am probably going to buy 2 or a few more in the next few days.

I just did a search for NP60
AtariJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2008, 7:28 AM   #2

there are many deals batt, bat andcharger etc. and just be careful the batts are not out ofdate. or rejects

Ebay is a yard sale
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 8:37 AM   #3

For $9, I don't mind taking the risk.
AtariJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 1:48 PM   #4

There are a lot of cheap batteries, memory cards and so on, but there are also a lot of junk on Ebay. So one has to be bit careful n take time to read about seller before buying. I've bought much "crap" from sellers around the world specially asian sellers. Dead batteries, fake memory cards etc. But it's like you(AtariJedi) mention, its only 9 bucks so who cares. :-)
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2008, 3:40 AM   #5

Yup, purchased 2 batteries with wall/car charger for a power seller from Hong Kong...did it twice and everything is well. The NP-60 (for the Jazz HDV 178 actually is a cell phone battery for some of the Nokia cellphone models deveoped by Fuji with Nokia...I think!....... So I ended up purchasing 4-NP-60, 1400hz and 2-wall/car chargers for my Jazz and my fathers Jazz for 1/2 the cost of one OEM cell battery...Yup a great deal! Just adding my experience. Thanks for the tip.

Ace 808
Attached Images

Ace 808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2008, 9:34 AM   #6

"For $9, I don't mind taking the risk."

"its only 9 bucks so who cares."

Which is why the bogus sellers exist:G It's ok I am not getting at you guys as we are all in the same boat when it comes to buying items. There isn't really a foolproof way to know a seller is legitimate and that's online in general not just Ebay.

For those of you not into ebay, I just bought an NP60 off amazon.com for $3.25 and they sent me a 1200mah when the description said 1050mah:G If it lasts as long as the regular I'll still be happy since I know that clones often don't live up to their full rating anyway. Of course it's the shipping that kills you especially considering they charge the same shipping for EACH item which is a ripoff. Still most places seem to practice this. newegg.com seems to be one of the few that will only charge you a small percentage of shipping for the second item which is why I prefer them for my memory cards etc.

At the end of the day though, it's still far cheaper than buying from Aiptek etc.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2008, 5:12 PM   #7

FYI, the NP60 is used in Fujitsu cameras so a number of electronics and camera shops may stock them. You'll pay a little more but can be sure of what you're getting.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 5:28 PM   #8

are all np60's the same? other than mah of course.

the size, voltage seem to be the same, but other than that is there any difference?

Im looking to get a couple for my ahd100, but ebay swamps me with about 30 'different' np60's (for different camera models).

edit: and what about chargers? surely all np60 chargers are the same? or is that a stupid thing toassume?

Jas101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 6:00 PM   #9

Aiptek NP-60 700=1200 are the bateriey for the camera you can get any NP-60. Aiptek sells a double capacity battery, and you'll need a battery door it is thicker

you can get the Aiptek IS-DV charger and a NP-60 of any it will work

you can get any NP-60 and any charger it will work,

Nokia is one company, and there are others as well all are the same. if you ask me but there are reasons behinf the MAH ratings.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:36 AM   #10

When I first bought clone NP-60's, I was quite happy with them. And posted that when the subject came up here. But over rather little time it became very clear that the clone batteries, whatever their original mah rating, failed to hold a charge. In about 6 months, they were good for about 5 minutes. In other words, useless. Meanwhile, I still have and use all the oem batteries that ever came with the cameras. Some are 3 years old, and they still work fine.

On other digital camera forums, I came across positive comments for Sterling batteries. I ordered a couple, and they seem to be excellent quality.
http://www.sterlingtek.com[code]I will never again bother buying cheap clone batteries off eBay.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote