Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 20, 2008, 4:35 PM   #1

Hey guys...

I'm Tre'...aka PhotoPunk...I'm a photographer based in Houston.

Just picked up the Action HD and love it...

Soon I'll be replacing my Olympus 1030SW & 770SW in favor of the HD doing high speed on-board RC runs...here is a sample of my last run...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRI_IiRdyPQ

Recorded on the 1030SW at 640x480 at 30 fps. HD at 60fps will be nice.

Yes, the 1030SW survived the crash but I don't think the HD would, so I've got to be careful and stay on-road. There are more vids on my youtube channel.

Not sure if this has been found yet, but MicroCenter has a house brand 8GB Class 6 SDHC card for $27....they usually have memory cards at cheap prices as lost leaders to bring people in.

http://microcenter.com/single_produc...uct_id=0289508

I'll be picking one up tomorrow...after reading through this post it looks like some have and some haven't had success using class 6 cards...I haven't seen any Class 4 in awhile. Is this stillcorrect?

Will be looking into running a bullet cam and an external mic via the AV-in and hid the Action HD under the body of the RC and inside my real cars with the bullet mounted outside while road racing. (legal racing of course)

I checked the FW and it's 1.2...I've read about the 1.3...I'm assuming I have to email support for it. I haven't seen here if there are worthwhilegains...anyone??

I've made a steadicam (like the Merlin) but still, as us all, looking for a better gimbal...MAN....I remember studying Newton's Three Laws Of Motion in college....never thought I'd use them...

Tre'

PhotoPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2008, 4:59 PM   #2

Welcome aboard photo.........

Sweet..........

I have an T-MAX 4x4 and know the deal, went through, and lucked out to put my cam back in working order. stil in perfect working order today.

Steadicam etc I hear ya it's the Gimble we need to find

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 5:40 PM   #3

Thanks Fishy...

I dig your videos...watched them all while doing research on the Aiptek...!

Cool about your T-Maxx!....yes, the Olypus(s) that I use have taken a beating and keep going strong...they're waterproof and crushproof...so I've gotten spoiled and not had to be too careful with the high speeds.

I have to really be careful when I strap the HD on the mount.

Has anyone found a decent wid-angle adapter lens that would fit on the Action HD?...preferrably super wide angle or fish-eye??

Tre'

Old Jul 20, 2008, 7:35 PM   #4

the ones we found were the pheonix, and now the sunpacks. they are just .45 wide angle not fish eyes? the A-Hd it fits and the action just a tad smaller, but will work the magnetic ring or washer will stick out a lil more that's all I believe its 25-27mm

PhotoPunk wrote:
Quote:

Thanks Fishy...

I dig your videos...watched them all while doing research on the Aiptek...!

Cool about your T-Maxx!....yes, the Olypus(s) that I use have taken a beating and keep going strong...they're waterproof and crushproof...so I've gotten spoiled and not had to be too careful with the high speeds.

I have to really be careful when I strap the HD on the mount.

Has anyone found a decent wid-angle adapter lens that would fit on the Action HD?...preferrably super wide angle or fish-eye??

Tre'

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:12 AM   #5

Picked up one of the $27 8 GIG class 6 SDHC cards and it works great.

Old Jul 25, 2008, 8:16 AM   #6

Nice! Love it.
magic-rat is offline   Reply With Quote