Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:52 PM   #11

newer Aiptek the go the A-Hd plus and action will record without av input in any condition today if the battery is low the cam will shut the video down and shut off saving it.

if the battery is moved or a crash occured you'll not lose footage.

if you use av input with a signal device then you are resetting with a signal interruption causing the cam to reset
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 1:34 PM   #12

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
newer Aiptek the go the A-Hd plus and action will record without av input in any condition today if the battery is low the cam will shut the video down and shut off saving it.

if you use av input with a signal device then you are resetting with a signal interruption causing the cam to reset
Ah. I see.

So, you need a good hardy connection to the bullet camera. I been taping the connectors to the unit with electrical tape. I do that with all my connections on the bike rig.
magic-rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 2:36 PM   #13

no. no matter what you try te device to the av input for the aiptek will always shut down the cam

if you hook for example:

a vcr and aiptek

1 aip must be in standby first, then the vcr set to play, do not even touch any pause, rew ffw record etc, then the aip gets recorded finish with ending of the aip allworks out

magic-rat wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

Ah. I see.

So, you need a good hardy connection to the bullet camera. I been taping the connectors to the unit with electrical tape. I do that with all my connections on the bike rig.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 8:56 PM   #14

I have no problems with the electrical connection into the a-hd. The problem is the "quality" of the signal fed to the unit. Taped sources and bullet cams do not have good, clean, stable sync signals and the A_HD will reset. It simply will not work reliably with these devices.

DVD sources are much cleaner and work well with it.

My Vupoint also works fantastic with the bullet cam, but only records at 20fps which looks horrible for recording fast dirtbike rides. :sad:
foxdirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 9:14 PM   #15

foxdirtrider wrote:
Quote:
I have no problems with the electrical connection into the a-hd. The problem is the "quality" of the signal fed to the unit. Taped sources and bullet cams do not have good, clean, stable sync signals and the A_HD will reset. It simply will not work reliably with these devices.

DVD sources are much cleaner and work well with it.

My Vupoint also works fantastic with the bullet cam, but only records at 20fps which looks horrible for recording fast dirtbike rides. :sad:
Ah. Understand.

Darn. I was all excited to get one of the newer ones.

Oh well. I guess I'll see how my "cop DVR" works and go from there.

Too bad.

I guess HD demands a really high-quality analog input.

Sigh ...
Old Aug 7, 2008, 9:18 PM   #16

BTW, per my first post in this thread ... here's two more videos from that day:

This one is with mini-DV tape camcorder.

http://www.magicratvideos.com/magicv...tHelpsRat.html

This one is with $50 bullet cams off ebay ... cheapos:

http://www.magicratvideos.com/magicv...veOnBoard.html
Old Aug 7, 2008, 10:22 PM   #17

The bike footage at the beginning of the second clip looks like what I get from the vupoint AV in. Choppy 20fps video.

First video looks great, 30fps for sure. What is the difference with the recording device (s), besides the bulletcam?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:48 AM   #18

foxdirtrider wrote:
Quote:
The bike footage at the beginning of the second clip looks like what I get from the vupoint AV in. Choppy 20fps video.

First video looks great, 30fps for sure. What is the difference with the recording device (s), besides the bulletcam?
Ah. Your right. The"MattHelpsRat" clipdidn't have a single bullet-cam shot in it ... was all throught the windscreen or offboard with mini-DV tape. I'll edit that post.

The "VID4" video (from the original thread)uses the good bullet cams, tho. The only differencethe bullet cameras. Both are recording to the DV-DA1 ... except for the through the screen shots. I do see the choppy 20 fps in the clip with the cheap bullet cameras.

I'm getting a green-screen in the mail any day now. When it comes in, I'll do a little side-by-side video of the different bullet cameras with different players ... like Fishy does in his reviews.

Old Aug 9, 2008, 10:27 PM   #19

I will look for your review, thanks.

I looked at the "vid4" again and it is 30fps. Let me know what cam you are using with the vupoint to get this video quality. Maybe all the vupoint DV-da1-vp's are not all the same?

Mine does 20fps no matter what the source. I have tried DVD, VHS, hi-8, etc through the AV input. No difference. I even have the camera modified to run horizontal under my helmet visor to use its built in ccd pickup. Normal street riding gives good 30fps but as soon as you go off-road it drops back to 20fps (when the scene detail is high).

Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:40 AM   #20

Hello I'm danny,

I just brought the Vupoint DV-DA1- VP Camcorder and did my own video review on it.

While I hate the zoom range on this Camera I love the rest of the faetures on the Camera.:?

But I'm having a problem. The camea come with 3 cds. But non od the drivers work on my HP Pavallion Vista system. Went to Vupoint website. Downloaded their driver. But I get the same thing. "Windowsdownloads unable to locate...." So Can not use it as webcam or transfer files at all. I have card reader so I have to take the card out.

Can anyone help find mea suitble drive for this Camcorder?:roll:

Here is the Video link:
[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/hg5cIgRnWMk&fmt=18[/flash]

PS: Can someone show me how to insert video links.

Thanks

Danny

simplydannygirl is offline   Reply With Quote