Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 21, 2008, 8:40 PM   #1

Everything except the "through the windshield" shots were taken with one of my VuPoint DV-DA1-VP cameras in DVR mode plugged into a helmetcamera.com 560 line NTSC bullet camera.

The "Vets In Debt" crew was out again on 18 July at Summit Main Course in West Virginia. It was really hot ... 94 degrees, but there was a nice breeze ... and the air conditioning in the RV between sessions made a WORLD of difference.

Had a great trackday. Rob was on the injured list from his crash at VIR on 7 July and since he couldn't ride, he was a our full-time off-bike camera man. There is none of his footage in this video; it's all on-board from the "I" group ... but I will be posting "B" group stuff from Don and Dave, as well as another video of NESBA control rider Matt helping me out. That video will have a lot of Rob's off-bike footage.

Hooah!

http://www.magicratvideos.com/magicv...VID4/VID4.html
magic-rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2008, 1:58 PM   #2

It looks like you are getting more than 20fps with your camera. I can only get 20fps with my vupoint- (same model as yours) through the video input. Are you using a different camera?
foxdirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 10:17 PM   #3

Everything except the "through the windshield" forward facing shots was done with the viewpoint DVR. All the "angle" shots were done with the 560 line bullet camera.

I imported them into Adobe Premiere CS2 for editing. Premiere then converted it to 30 fps during export (I think, that's way above me). It comes out pretty darn good, I think.

I'm looking at the newer Viewpoint units right now. They are sooo cheap. All I need is an analog input and I'm golden.

I'll post up more vids if I get one (when my wife isn't looking ... LOL).
Old Aug 5, 2008, 7:58 PM   #4

I like the results. I am thinking of getting one of those bulletcams and use it with an Aiptek Action DH in DVR mode. But I believe is limited to 640x480.

What resolution do you get with the VuPoint in DVR mode? (widthxheight).
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2008, 8:26 PM   #5

640 x 480 is all I get in DVR mode with the external cameras.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 5:13 AM   #6

most models will size down av input, as mentioned on the Action and plus they say 740x480, and may be like you said 640x480, ifso then th Go and A-hd are 740x480.

ifthey kept the input at 1440x1080, or 128x720, then we deffently be happy. why over and over suggestions were made and hoping Aiptek heard, this would put them way above the rest
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 7:31 AM   #7

That would be great, Fishy.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:01 PM   #8

A word of warning about the Aiptek A-HD video input, it will not work correctly with "unstable" video input sources. These include taped sources (VHS, 8mm) and also "bullet" cameras. The unit will begin recording and then stop and switch to camcorder mode by itself. I can get this defect to happen everytime I try to use it w/ my helmet cams. I have two, a cheap ccd model and a more expensive "Sony CCD" model and both will cause the A-HD to stop recording (at random times) and loose footage. It happens so frequently that I do not even attempt to use the "Line input" at all anymore. I am back to using the old 8mm cameras to record our motorcycle rides. Other (older) Aiptek models may not have this defect and work correctly, I have read many people use the MPVR with no issues.

If anyone has "fixed" this problem on the A-HD please post how you did it. Aiptek support was no help with this issue.
foxdirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:27 PM   #9

Most of the Aipteks do just that reset due to the signal. it is said you hav to record and not hit anything once you touch the devices it will cause failure

agree
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:46 PM   #10

I have three of the VuPoint DV-DA1-VP's and have had no issues with using external bullet cameras through the analog AV-in port ... and that is in a very, very extreme environment ... to include at least one high-speed crash at the racetrack. The camera kept rolling.

Sounds like you are saying the newer HD versions won't do that ... they shut down or switch back to camera mode.

Too bad.

I just bought a small 640x480 DVR used by police for under cover work. was $200 bux. Have not tested it on the bike, yet.

Super small, tho ... "micro" ...

Picture.
Attached Images