Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:45 PM   #51

sandan: you can see the artifacting in that video at the 30 second mark when i quickly move away. Stabilizer was off for both pics and vid in those samples.
Video indoors(at night) has lots of noise, havent tried it outside yet but its probably the same.

Here are a couple more samples from in-car(the camera holder was very wobbly, i'll try another vid tomorrow) and another one of the backyard during mid-day with stabilzer on this time.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xkvzqc
http://www.sendspace.com/file/obchcw

Compared to the hd700 clips that were posted here the quality seems to be a step down rather than up.

shabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 5:40 PM   #52

"the second set of clips, outdoor spider one looks like a sanyo seems like a sanyo it is a sanyo :G

"as well as the impaitaint one

"sound some talking in the area surrounding not with the limits of 4 feet, but within 20 feet

"congrads rather be picky I like to say sweet video. only difference for me to truely comment would be a night scenery where weget a star trk beeam, even in daytime I then can comment. not sure if i wantto trade cams but who knows?

the software is it the same or different? I remembr I had trouble getting Hd rendering.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 7:45 PM   #53

Here's a night time vid, and by night time i mean only 8:15pm http://www.sendspace.com/file/2uexpz
Old Sep 5, 2008, 4:42 AM   #54

http://vimeo.com/471967

1 when you filmeddid you quickly hit record or allow the cam first to get adjusted.

well that pic is poor I am sure you need to go through the settings somewhat to capture a good clip.

mine above is the 700 and well I am happy to say PASS

Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:49 AM   #55

I dont like the hd800 video at all, I dont know if I've downloaded the one with or without stab onbut it looks even worse than the other clip.

I just keep thinking jelly on a plate, jelly on a plate, wibbly wobbly, wibbly wobbly, jelly on a plate!
Adventsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 9:02 PM   #56

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
http://vimeo.com/471967

1 when you filmeddid you quickly hit record or allow the cam first to get adjusted.

well that pic is poor I am sure you need to go through the settings somewhat to capture a good clip.

mine above is the 700 and well I am happy to say PASS

The cam adjusted before i hit record, i did another vid just to be sure and yes... its that bad.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 5:56 AM   #57

Thanks for doing these tests for the rest of us. I had a 700 briefly and it was terrible. I had expected the 800 to be much better but it apparently isn't. I guess I'll pass on this one. I keep trying to love Sanyo because they handle so easily,......but it just seems they keep putting out marginal products.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2008, 7:09 AM   #58

I hear ya.I

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I like mine

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"and not complaining every single feature and function.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"the shots are great but need to have more manual controls to compare with the Auto picked one.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"we can make this cam look like a star, or fail in a heartbeat.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Ifyou are going to continue andkeep I am sure you'll have your hands full. again thank you forall the vids best to get them on vimeo.com rather the direct site as people search andsee then just posted fo rhere.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 9:39 AM   #59

Im definetly returning the camera, the quality imo is worse than the hd700 samples i've seen posted here.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 9:49 AM   #60

shabby wrote:
Quote:
Im definetly returning the camera, the quality imo is worse than the hd700 samples i've seen posted here.
I'm really disappointed that the HD800 is no improvement over the 700. I suppose the change of codec to H.264 would be called an improvement but if that is at the expense of quality video, no thanks. I really, really wanted to like this camera. My CG65 is a nice Sanyo and I enjoy using it. My Canon TX1 does the HD and I love that also. I was hoping Sanyo had finally put it all together.

Personally, I'll be taking a look at the Sony T500. I'm also hoping for a new Canon hybrid since they have discontinued the TX1.

Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote