Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 8, 2008, 3:24 AM   #31

So this camera has real 60fps, at what bitrate, and can anybody post a native clip? Sure it is not a 30fps clip that is being misreported in the players (as can happen)? Should be simple to tell the difference from the look of the clip anyway.

Thanks for the clips Mr Fish (the other one ).
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 4:04 AM   #32

Few questions about STILL shots:
How is the quality?
How fast autofocus is?
Is it possible to make stills during video?
drd403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 4:29 AM   #33

Quality is pretty good. I'll post some samples in the morning. Auto focus is pretty fast in all modes except for macro. In macro the AF is slow but not too bad. I'll check and let you know in the morning.

drd403 wrote:
Quote:
Few questions about STILL shots:
How is the quality?
How fast autofocus is?
Is it possible to make stills during video?
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 4:42 AM   #34

Thanks for that footage not too bad, but that has got to be some of the worse rolling shutter I have seen yet (1080p footage). I will have to look up to see if there is any shutter control to reduce this. Does anybody have a manual link?

It is a wonder that they block live HDMI output from these cameras, with rolling shutter like that it is not like professionals are lining up to use it?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 5:07 AM   #35

I am sure the playback anduse for this cam should be greater than 3.0 gigfor the processor, simular to the Aiptek ,

theifsh's video well i see a ton of lines from left to right , soft vid, I see AF (autofocus) blur at time show much not sure, I see graininess when zoomed in.

the clips are soft relaxing to the eye. but are short and need to be longer, better then before.

D11pham's clip shows a very bright andclear shot but the panning is fast needs a to be slowed down. vegitation looked great wantedto takea bite of the peachs.

I am sure the excitement is high extremely high. still wouldnot make merun out andget one with 5x optical zoom so far,

Returning hte Action Hd for the DVX wonder if a side by side shot isneeded. I yes would deffently in hand had time andsat down se the differences, and say to Hell with __________

great job both of ya.

hoping a review and a new thread to catch more members here

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:15 PM   #36

Received a response from DXG regarding the audio zoom issue:

"Thank you for contacting DXG USA. I appreciate your time and patience as I assist you in this matter. Your comments, questions, and correspondence are valuable for me to continue improving my level of service. I will be glad to assist you with your request.

The sound does record. However, there is a noise filter on the camera's zoom. The zoom motor is quite loud, and to prevent the noise from the zoom motor from being captured on videos, we installed a noise filter. While using the zoom, you will notice the audio gain drops quite a bit.

We offer a firmware upgrade for the camera that will eliminate the audio drop. The only difference would be that the zoom moves at a slower rate, so that it does not make much sound. Let me know if you are interested in the firmware upgrade. I can provide instructions on doing it, as long as you have a 512MB SD card or larger."

I'm going to proceed with the firmware update and I'll post some results here. I'm working on a review right now and it will be posted shortly.
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:32 PM   #37

D1PHAM wrote:
Quote:
Received a response from DXG regarding the audio zoom issue:

"Thank you for contacting DXG USA. I appreciate your time and patience as I assist you in this matter. Your comments, questions, and correspondence are valuable for me to continue improving my level of service. I will be glad to assist you with your request.

The sound does record. However, there is a noise filter on the camera's zoom. The zoom motor is quite loud, and to prevent the noise from the zoom motor from being captured on videos, we installed a noise filter. While using the zoom, you will notice the audio gain drops quite a bit.

We offer a firmware upgrade for the camera that will eliminate the audio drop. The only difference would be that the zoom moves at a slower rate, so that it does not make much sound. Let me know if you are interested in the firmware upgrade. I can provide instructions on doing it, as long as you have a 512MB SD card or larger."

I'm going to proceed with the firmware update and I'll post some results here. I'm working on a review right now and it will be posted shortly.
That sounds ideal to me, I think the zoom should be slower anyway to help with the AF issues.

thefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 1:29 PM   #38

so if a Fw is opted Please supply. if not quite alright.

This will lead to a Mod I bet ifafilter is added.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 1:59 PM   #39

They just e-mailed me the new firmware and instructions.
Attached Images

thefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:00 PM   #40

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I am sure the playback anduse for this cam should be greater than 3.0 gigfor the processor, simular to the Aiptek ,
My Quad Core CPU seems to play the Aiptek 1080p Samples smoothly. It's 'only' 2.4Ghz per core but the Quad and Dual cores are more efficient for the same speed than the old Pentiums plus having more than one core helps.of course.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote