Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 9, 2008, 6:09 AM   #41

the Aiptek is a multi video source it will have 3.0 and 2.0 thre same will be for the other brands. like this one.

also when we see these HD 1920x whatever size on Vimeo.com they are rendered in a lower setting. so we are not getting an true video unless you DL.

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I am sure the playback anduse for this cam should be greater than 3.0 gigfor the processor, simular to the Aiptek ,
My Quad Core CPU seems to play the Aiptek 1080p Samples smoothly. It's 'only' 2.4Ghz per core but the Quad and Dual cores are more efficient for the same speed than the old Pentiums plus having more than one core helps.of course.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2008, 11:02 AM   #42

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
the Aiptek is a multi video source it will have 3.0 and 2.0 thre same will be for the other brands. like this one.

also when we see these HD 1920x whatever size on Vimeo.com they are rendered in a lower setting. so we are not getting an true video unless you DL.

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I am sure the playback anduse for this cam should be greater than 3.0 gigfor the processor, simular to the Aiptek ,
My Quad Core CPU seems to play the Aiptek 1080p Samples smoothly. It's 'only' 2.4Ghz per core but the Quad and Dual cores are more efficient for the same speed than the old Pentiums plus having more than one core helps.of course.
Yes I mean when playing the original files not the vimeo flash rendering. For most people, I do think Standard definition is still the way to go especially as the more well known brands such as Canon etc. are now becoming cheaper.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2008, 1:51 PM   #43

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I have a 2.2GHZ dual core CPU and a Radeon HD3850 512MB graphics card; theRadeon issupposed to hardware decodeall H.264 so it should play fine even with a weak CPU. My computer hasdual LCD's, I just discovered if I turn one off then the video is smooth, with both LCD's enabled it just dies (5-6FPS).
thefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 10:35 AM   #44

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I am sure the¬* playback¬* anduse for this cam should be greater than 3.0 gigfor the processor, simular to the Aiptek ,
Not only that, my single core AMD system with base ATI card, seems to play much faster in Windows Media player.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote