Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:49 PM   #91
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 78
Default

Here are the highest datarates I've seen for each setting:

1080P = 11.03 Mbps
720P= 8.05 Mbps

Here are my averages:

1080P = 9.75 Mbps
720P = 6.83 Mbps

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
scotia1 wrote:
Quote:
D1PHAM,

I have noticed that the camcorder you pictured and reviewed is different that the pictures in most of the online sellers sites. They show a 10X Zoom and the microphone is on the top. Your pictures show the microphone on the LCD panel.

Did you order the unit described on the website and received the one you reviewed?

I think you have the next generation DXG-596 with the image stabilization.

As most of the online sellers are out of stock I wonder what the next shipment will be like. With any luck the FW upgrade will installed.
This is interesting, I have noticed the color from thefish's camera in the file0022.mov footage, looks a lot closer to normal than D1PHAM's camera. Fish, is there anyway you achieved this, or could turn down the color? More like the footage from a 35mm adaptor. D1PHAM, is there anyway you could control color?

D1PHAM, have you seen any higher maximums in your data-rate since last time, especially 720p60?

Thanks.
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:56 PM   #92
Senior Member
 
Wayne12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,071
Default

nicksws6 wrote:
Quote:
It doesn't say anything, you click the button and it goes through a focusing routine then says OK. there are no settings to change.
Sorry, there was somebody else with a setup routine.

Anyway, if you are having trouble with your focusing, try it again, examine what it does with the focus while it's is calibrating, and retry it again facing the camera at different backgrounds (well lit and dark) and see if any of those help it calibrate better.



To everybody, Playback:

I am getting smoothest results from fish's footage when playing back on windows media player. I have an ATI card, but don't seem to get smooth playback on most other players. The other players might not be working with the ATI card on my machine (and it might be just a broken OS/driver issue on my machine).
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 3:30 PM   #93
Junior Member
 
qtrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 18
Default

A fact that pushed me over the edge to buy was that I put the samples files from the first page on a thumbdrive and plugged it into my Xbox360 and they play perfectly with no modifications. I figure I can shoot to my hearts content, burn them raw to DVD/DL and get about 100 minutes at 1080p or 200 minutes at 720p.
qtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 3:38 PM   #94
Senior Member
 
Wayne12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,071
Default

D1PHAM wrote:
Quote:
Here are the highest datarates I've seen for each setting:

1080P = 11.03 Mbps
720P= 8.05 Mbps

Here are my averages:

1080P = 9.75 Mbps
720P = 6.83 Mbps
Thanks, restores my faith somewhat in the camera, but I wonder what maximums the Aiptek's and Digilifes get?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 3:40 PM   #95
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 78
Default

To All:

Here is a link to the software provided with the camera. I use this for playback and everything is super smooth.

http://arcsoft.com/public/software_t...=LANG_DOWNLOAD


Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
nicksws6 wrote:
Quote:
It doesn't say anything, you click the button and it goes through a focusing routine then says OK. there are no settings to change.
Sorry, there was somebody else with a setup routine.

Anyway, if you are having trouble with your focusing, try it again, examine what it does with the focus while it's is calibrating, and retry it again facing the camera at different backgrounds (well lit and dark) and see if any of those help it calibrate better.



To everybody, Playback:

I am getting smoothest results from fish's footage when playing back on windows media player. I have an ATI card, but don't seem to get smooth playback on most other players. The other players might not be working with the ATI card on my machine (and it might be just a broken OS/driver issue on my machine).
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 3:41 PM   #96
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 78
Default

Damn that is sweet. I didn't even think to try it with my Xbox 360. I'll try it tonight.

qtrim wrote:
Quote:
A fact that pushed me over the edge to buy was that I put the samples files from the first page on a thumbdrive and plugged it into my Xbox360 and they play perfectly with no modifications. I figure I can shoot to my hearts content, burn them raw to DVD/DL and get about 100 minutes at 1080p or 200 minutes at 720p.
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 3:55 PM   #97
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1
Default

Ok just tested some of the sample movies you guys provided... They work in both imovie & final cut. They play natively in quick time too.. I do have Perian installed... That might be the reason they work. The only thing I don't know is will it plug into my mac & work?? Or will I need a memory card reader?

Want to buy soon!!!
DXGInterested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 4:13 PM   #98
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
Default

Hi I would like to buy one, but I'm in Europe.
The Praktica specified only [email protected] fps
Ordro also only specified [email protected] fps.
Is DXG-595V 32M (no brand specified on the back of the screen) is the same as DXG-595V 1080p ?
Their description on walmart or b&h ar confusing (The DXG DXG-595V 32MB Flash Memory Camcorder (Black) brings you the beauty and clarity of 1080 x 720 resolution....). What is this resolution 1080 x 720 ?
Any help for model in EU ?
thanks

And here :
clearly specified only 720p
itou31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 4:47 PM   #99
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 78
Default

Top mounted speaker = 595 (No EIS, no 1080P, 720P 30 FPS)
LCD mounted speaker = 595V/596 (EIS, 1080P, 720P 60 FPS)



itou31 wrote:
Quote:
Hi I would like to buy one, but I'm in Europe.
The Praktica specified only [email protected] fps
Ordro also only specified [email protected] fps.
Is DXG-595V 32M (no brand specified on the back of the screen) is the same as DXG-595V 1080p ?
Their description on walmart or b&h ar confusing (The DXG DXG-595V 32MB Flash Memory Camcorder (Black) brings you the beauty and clarity of 1080 x 720 resolution....). What is this resolution 1080 x 720 ?
Any help for model in EU ?
thanks

And here :
clearly specified only 720p
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 5:21 PM   #100
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
Default

You mean the microphone ?
So, the photo on walmart where the microphone is on top--> 720p only ?
That is bad !
Thanks, I give up with all these reference...
Let look ont the aiptek action HD (aka AHD Z500+ in EU for 200€)
itou31 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:48 PM.