Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 22, 2008, 5:47 PM   #101

vimeo vid 45 car time lapse and night one?

on the night shot noticed a lot of focusing going on, and day time the speed made the foward cars look like going backwards.

either way both are great vids.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 7:22 PM   #102

Yes the microphone. However I purchased from Walmart and received the newer one (mic on LCD screen).

itou31 wrote:
Quote:
You mean the microphone ?
So, the photo on walmart where the microphone is on top--> 720p only ?
That is bad !
Thanks, I give up with all these reference...
Let look ont the aiptek action HD (aka AHD Z500+ in EU for 200€)
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 7:23 PM   #103

Thanks Fishy those were my videos.

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
vimeo vid 45 car time lapse and night one?

on the night shot noticed a lot of focusing going on, and day time the speed made the foward cars look like going backwards.

either way both are great vids.

D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2008, 1:49 AM   #104

I'm ready to upgrade my firmware but don't understand where the "negative of enter button" is.

I like the idea of a slower zoom.
DBshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2008, 3:00 AM   #105

I don't like all this 595, 595v, 596 thing, very confusing, not very good, especially as they made mistakes that make it look like the 595v is 720p30. I could have ordered the camera months ago if I had known.

As it is now, with all the waste and confusion, the new Aiptek, and whatever else, is coming up. I also am aiming to check if Samsung have updated their 720p camcorder. The local price of the 595 is so high it is not worth buying if the Samsung has upgraded sufficiently.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2008, 5:55 AM   #106

I hear ya. I would always keep my options open, for the better model,andsomethingalways tempting will pop up in that mean time,

Samsung may be wrth the wait for you

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
I don't like all this 595, 595v, 596 thing, very confusing, not very good, especially as they made mistakes that make it look like the 595v is 720p30. I could have ordered the camera months ago if I had known.

As it is now, with all the waste and confusion, the new Aiptek, and whatever else, is coming up. I also am aiming to check if Samsung have updated their 720p camcorder. The local price of the 595 is so high it is not worth buying if the Samsung has upgraded sufficiently.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2008, 2:30 PM   #107

I have gone through a number of clips, and wonder if both cameras differ because one is a latter manufacture revision. I believe that exposure might be why the 022 bicycle riding clip has less color.

D1PHAM, any chance of getting pictures of the differences between your and fishes camera, and your manufacture date (might be with the serial number, the date on the firmware might be representative )?

Fish, is there any extra date stamped on your camera?

When I examined the data rates some interesting points came up:

Of the many 720p60 Aiptek clips I had, they were very close to 5.78mb/s 720p60. I only had one 1080p clip left, and it was around 7.25.

Digilife pocket was around 7.25mb/s each 1080p clip.

I have a couple of 1080p DXG clips close to 10mb/s, one close to 6.25.

I had two DXG 720p60 clips were closer to 5mb/s, but the peaches one was closer to 6.9mb/s.

But a 1080p clip (DXG-595V-1080P-Street.MOV) taken from an original clip of the street corner with the firetruck turning, returned around 3mb/s compared to 9.8mb/s of the original (FILE0036.MOV). So, I don't know if they have been recoded, or I just can't trust the bitrate reported on Total Media.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 2:34 PM   #108

D1PHAM, thanks, totaltheater performs very well.

I have a theory, that there are different ways of setting the encoding rate of the cameras. Hence Aiptek might be more constant, but some others might reach higher peaks when needed. I wonder if the Samsung and Toshiba camcorders are reporting maximum bit rates, still higher than the maximums we are seeing here.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 1:09 PM   #109

How about a micin jack? Unfortunately I didn't see one in the picts, can anyone confirm? If not I guess I'll have to put one in

BTW, I ordered one from BeachAudio but they ran out of stock (apparently after I submitted my order not very happy)

I 'm ordering a DOF lens for it once I get the camera.

* Change in plans...due to no mic input I am going to bite the bullet and order a Canon HV-20
Fleshoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2008, 7:12 PM   #110

Camera arrived today and I am impressed. The build is very nice and so are the video's it captures. Here is the first test drive. This was at 720p with EIS on.

http://www.vimeo.com/1602466
blindside is offline   Reply With Quote