Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 26, 2008, 12:39 PM   #111

Hey, can anyone tell me how much footage you can record onto an 8gb card? I'm mostly concerned with the 720/60.

Also does the camera limit what the length of a clip?

thanks

wallyman424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 1:55 PM   #112

wallyman424 wrote:
Quote:
Hey, can anyone tell me how much footage you can record onto an 8gb card? I'm mostly concerned with the 720/60.

thanks
Well for one, the file limit is going to be 4GB per single file at most regardless due to the FAT32 filing system. If these devices are going to create larger files they will have to start using a new filing system.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 2:09 PM   #113

I've had the 595V for a few days now and just received my Kingston 8gb sdhc class 6 card in the mail yesterday.

I have run into a bit of a problem though while recording in 1080p. After 41 to 52 seconds of recording time I get a big red "File Error" message on the screen and recording stops. 720p records just fine (longest recording test was 30+ minutes).

I can't be certain that the issue is with the memory card, or if the cam is having issues. I have formatted to a few different fat32 allocation sizes to check the results but it always cuts to the same error at the same time in 1080p resolution.

Has anybody else had this problem? I sent in a trouble ticket to DXG to get their take on my situation so I will see if they have a definite answer or not.
mook663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 2:45 PM   #114

Welcome Mook663.

I would think a pc format first, then a camera format and recognision.

sometimes the cam will do this not work. I also wonder if certain sd cards, will hang.

mook663 wrote:
Quote:
I've had the 595V for a few days now and just received my Kingston 8gb sdhc class 6 card in the mail yesterday.

I have run into a bit of a problem though while recording in 1080p. After 41 to 52 seconds of recording time I get a big red "File Error" message on the screen and recording stops. 720p records just fine (longest recording test was 30+ minutes).

I can't be certain that the issue is with the memory card, or if the cam is having issues. I have formatted to a few different fat32 allocation sizes to check the results but it always cuts to the same error at the same time in 1080p resolution.

Has anybody else had this problem? I sent in a trouble ticket to DXG to get their take on my situation so I will see if they have a definite answer or not.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 2:51 PM   #115

rgvcam wrote
Quote:
Well for one, the file limit is going to be 4GB per single file at most regardless due to the FAT32 filing system. If these devices are going to create larger files they will have to start using a new filing system.
so will the camera be able to record 50 minutes of continuous footage in 720p?

thats all i really need.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 3:14 PM   #116

Well, I seemed to have sorted out my 1080p recording problem. Formatting the sdhc card with the Windows utility is a bad thing it appears. I ended up finding the formatting utility at

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...formatter.html

I ran a quick format with it and popped it back into the 595V and so far I have gone beyond the 10 minute mark at 1080p.

mook663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 3:19 PM   #117

mook663 wrote:
Quote:
Well, I seemed to have sorted out my 1080p recording problem. Formatting the sdhc card with the Windows utility is a bad thing it appears. I ended up finding the formatting utility at

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...formatter.html

I ran a quick format with it and popped it back into the 595V and so far I have gone beyond the 10 minute mark at 1080p.

want to do me a huge favor and see if itll record 50 minutes? :lol::?
Old Aug 26, 2008, 3:25 PM   #118

most hybrids needs that 1kb file on there or their own formats. for example

I had my aip with me and nothing not the pc would format , so I stuck it in my sanyo cam and then the aip did the formats fixed
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:01 PM   #119

Go to DXG's website and open a ticket. They are usually pretty fast to respond.

mook663 wrote:
Quote:

D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:02 PM   #120

On my 4GB card I get around 1 hour and 30 minutes of footage. So you should be able to get around 3 hours or so.

wallyman424 wrote:
Quote:

thanks
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote