Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 26, 2008, 3:04 PM   #121

Blindside,

Update your firmware to get rid of the zoom filter.

blindside wrote:
Quote:
Camera arrived today and I am impressed. The build is very nice and so are the video's it captures. Here is the first test drive. This was at 720p with EIS on.

http://www.vimeo.com/1602466
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 3:21 PM   #122

D1PHAM wrote:
Quote:
Go to DXG's website and open a ticket. They are usually pretty fast to respond.
I opened a ticket with them and they told me to try a different memory card or send them my camera for testing. I fixed the problem though by using the panasonic sd/sdhc format utility instead of using a standard windows format.

After the panasonic format everything has been working perfectly on 1080p recordings.
mook663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 5:26 PM   #123

Well, I went ahead and ordered one.
wallyman424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 7:15 PM   #124

mook663 wrote:
Quote:
D1PHAM wrote:
Quote:
Go to DXG's website and open a ticket.¬* They are usually pretty fast to respond.
I opened a ticket with them and they told me to try a different memory card or send them my camera for testing. I fixed the problem though by using the panasonic sd/sdhc format utility instead of using a standard windows format.

After the panasonic format everything has been working perfectly on 1080p recordings.
Does the camera have an format menu item?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 7:44 PM   #125

I'm having a heck of a time finding this camera in stock online. I'd prefer walmart since if something goes wrong I can return it, but it never seems to be in stock. It's OOS at bestbuy and buy.com as well.

However, I did noticed B&H has it in stock. Has anyone dealt with them before? I know they are in New York and I've heard many a horror story of online camera stores in NY ripping people off, etc.

Thanks,

J.
johnhowelljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:21 PM   #126

Yup, it does.

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
mook663 wrote:
Quote:
D1PHAM wrote:
Quote:
Go to DXG's website and open a ticket. They are usually pretty fast to respond.

Does the camera have an format menu item?
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:27 PM   #127

I ordered through Buy.com who has an affiliate relationship with AntOnline. Mine should bde delivered Wednesday. $198 with shipping.
qtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2008, 5:31 PM   #128

qtrim wrote:
Quote:
I ordered through Buy.com who has an affiliate relationship with AntOnline. Mine should bde delivered Wednesday. $198 with shipping.

I just ordered one from Wallmart.

Hope it is the updated model, if not I can always return it.

I have used bhphoto.com and know others who also use them and they have an excellent reputation. They even have an actual store you can go to, if you were in NY City. I did not order from them as they still only refer to 720P and to return it would have been a pain.

I coppied the train sample to a thumbdrive and after changin the file extension to delete the qt at the end I was able to import it into Final Cut 3.5 on my mackbook.

The rendering of the 1minute clip took 10 minutes, but may be because it was using the USB Drive.

scotia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2008, 5:37 PM   #129

I pass that store at times , even stopped inwhen I had asked about a certain camcorder I had my mustek dv4500 or aip 5300. Oldhacer had a optura by pentex, and I wanted to test.

the sales teams laughed at these Hybrids back then, I wonder if they are laughing now? I be careful how you purchasethey may charge restocking Fees.

scotia1 wrote:
Quote:
qtrim wrote:
Quote:

I just ordered one from Wallmart.

Hope it is the updated model, if not I can always return it.

I have used bhphoto.com and know others who also use them and they have an excellent reputation. They even have an actual store you can go to, if you were in NY City. I did not order from them as they still only refer to 720P and to return it would have been a pain.

I coppied the train sample to a thumbdrive and after changin the file extension to delete the qt at the end I was able to import it into Final Cut 3.5 on my mackbook.

The rendering of the 1minute clip took 10 minutes, but may be because it was using the USB Drive.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2008, 5:55 PM   #130

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I pass that store at times , even stopped inwhen I had asked about a certain camcorder I had my¬* mustek dv4500 or aip 5300.¬* Oldhacer had a optura by pentex, and I wanted to¬* test.

¬*the sales teams laughed¬* at these Hybrids back then, I wonder if they are laughing now? I be careful how you purchasethey may charge restocking Fees.
I remember one store here in Cairns. A long time ago I asked if they would be stocking the Sanyo, and they were not going to stock that brand, they do now, but the price here is expensive. Recently, I asked if they could get any of the hybrids, and they reckon they only stock name brands, but I wonder how long they will take to stock it.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote