Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 27, 2008, 10:24 PM   #131

Damnit damnit damnit!!

I just bought the aiptek AHD + and now this is out..

grrrr.. Should I feel super bad or what!?!?

Eron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 1:30 AM   #132

D1PHAM wrote:
Quote:
What's actually pretty cool is that your can go through and calibrate the camera through the "Test Function" screen. You can calibrate the sensor, wb, lens, EIS, etc. The new firmware works out pretty well. I'm very happy with the camcorder now!
How exactly do you get to the "Test Function" screen to calibrate? Also I'm still wondering where the "negative of enter" button is that they mention in the upgrade instructions. Sure would like to upgrade my camera to take advantage of the slower zoom speed.
DBshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 1:47 AM   #133

Eron wrote:
Quote:
Damnit damnit damnit!!

I just bought the aiptek AHD + and now this is out..

grrrr.. Should I feel super bad or what!?!?
Probably not, you wanted a pocket camera obviously, and there is probably not that great a difference in quality between these most the time.

It would be interesting to see if the newest batches of the Aiptek's had a higher bit rate spread like the newer DXG's though. I will be more impressed when they can go 12mb/s+ (preferably 16mb/s+) in both the 1080p and 720p50 modes with settable focus, exposure, shutter, aperture at the same time, and even more when they have hdmi/component live pre-compression out. At the moment they still scream TOY cameras, but at least the picture looks good, they function, and there is not too much drop in picture encoding, which makes them suitable enough for consumer (not like hybrids used to be).
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 1:53 AM   #134

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Oldhacer had a optura by pentex, and I wanted to test.
Are you referring to my Pentax Optio MX4? I still have it, but haven't used it for quite awhile. Steve's review covered all its short comings. I guess I was one of the few who liked the design.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 3:19 AM   #135

just got mine last night. I'm testing now what happens if it is left recording and hits the 3.75gb point if it will start a new file.

One cool feature I like is if you start recording, you can close the LCD screen and it keeps recording. This turns off the LCD and lengthens that battery life. So if you are recording a school play and just want a static shot, you can set it and close the door and get a longer record time.

When I went to the setup screen it said it had the 596 firmware already. So maybe they are now shipping with it. I'll be doing more testing this weekend and will post some samples.
qtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 5:00 AM   #136

Yes Oldhace , I was.

Aip or not I do not like the idea of using bigger file as the less size sd cards may become bigger and more money, pc storage you need more space etc
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 6:45 AM   #137

I left it running, and when it got to the file limit it just kept on recording with a new file, then another until the card was full, a total of 2.5 hours at 1080p. The battery still had one bar left. This was with the LCD door closed and thus off. See my screen grab. I love it.
qtrim wrote:
Quote:
just got mine last night. I'm testing now what happens if it is left recording and hits the 3.75gb point if it will start a new file.

One cool feature I like is if you start recording, you can close the LCD screen and it keeps recording. This turns off the LCD and lengthens that battery life. So if you are recording a school play and just want a static shot, you can set it and close the door and get a longer record time.

When I went to the setup screen it said it had the 596 firmware already. So maybe they are now shipping with it. I'll be doing more testing this weekend and will post some samples.
Attached Images

qtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 10:31 AM   #138

It came back in stock at walmart.com so I purchased from there. Makes it a lot easier to return if I have issues.

J.
johnhowelljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 10:53 AM   #139

DBShooter,

Could they be referring to the EV- button?

This is on the bottom of the rocker arround the joystick.

Try that and post a reply as I will want to upgrade the FW when mine arrives next week.
scotia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 5:37 AM   #140

Does anyone try to update 595 with firmware for 595v?
Its make a difference between models?

I have 595 with mic on top (unfortunately), and looking for solution to have normal sound .. so ... and help ?

Also Im look for solution how to dissasemble camera to get in it
eline is offline   Reply With Quote