Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:28 PM   #151

thefish wrote:
Quote:
I returned my DXG-595V to walmart today, it just was not good enough.* The main problems I had with it was the AF system, when zooming in to video small object like a person or animal it aways had trouble hunting between the background and the object I wanted.* Also the audio is just so weak it needs an external jack.* Anyway I hope the next round will fix these issues.

DXG Please:

Add manual focus (or at least let us fix the focus)

Add external microphone jack

Increase bitrate
I agree, the ability to lock down iris and exposure too.

The new Aiptek 600 has just been shown off, you might like that. I don't know how much of an improvement it is though. The Samsung HMX20C does full HD at a reasonable price through.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:33 AM   #152

PC economy hybrids;

a outdoor datytime filming unit with a cmos sensor, or ccd costing under 200.00 they can be compared to any model and just that they will do their best to proform to their standards, it is like a Imax film to cave drawing.

Economy or Top model, point in shoot or total manual controls. the choice is yours to decide what you like to film with just as long as you Have fun
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 7:54 AM   #153

Fishy, these controls cost next to nothing and there is little reason not to add them to models to improve them. If you know how to, you can actually film some things better with focus and exposure locked instead of wandering.

Still, some people around here seem to be after something more than the $100 cameras are giving, and I am happy to point them in the right direction to get what they want or need.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 11:56 AM   #154

So true.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 1:51 AM   #155

I just ordered this model and can't wait to get my hands on it to start having fun with it.
It was thanks to all your helpful online reviews, fishycomics on all the various models that allowed me to narrow down which camcorder to purchase.
I know that none of them have every feature that I'd like to see, but you can't beat the price. And at least I'll be able to start recording some family events until the next must have camcorder model comes along.

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Economy or Top model, point in shoot or total manual controls. the choice is yours to decide what you like to film with just as long as you Have fun
rekluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 4:36 AM   #156

you are welcomed.

as a economy model wecan get one till the hi end we want is available

you are absolutely right. and could not agree more wish the best and bestt hing is not afraidto take any where and what if's.......................

rekluz wrote:
Quote:
I just ordered this model and can't wait to get my hands on it to start having fun with it.
It was thanks to all your helpful online reviews, fishycomics on all the various models that allowed me to narrow down which camcorder to purchase.
I know that none of them have every feature that I'd like to see, but you can't beat the price. And at least I'll be able to start recording some family events until the next must have camcorder model comes along.

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Old Sep 5, 2008, 9:02 AM   #157

Just got my 595v yesterday. Definitely enjoying it!
A couple more video samples:
Me doodling, Part 01: http://www.vimeo.com/1671652
Me doodling, Part 02: http://www.vimeo.com/1671707

Sorry for the unsteadiness of the cam. I was holding it in my left hand while drawing. I need a tripod.. hehe.
mastermatt111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 11:11 AM   #158

Hi... D1PHAN,

Thank you for your information regarding the way to fix the problem. Can you please sent the firmware to me as well so I can install in my camcorder. Thank you.

Best regards,

DigimanTH
DigimanTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2008, 1:03 PM   #159

Anyone that needs the firmware PM me with your email address and I'll send it over.
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2008, 1:05 PM   #160

Not sure if this is the best place to do this but I'm selling my extra DXG-595V if anyone is interested.* It is pretty much new in box.* I'll add in 2 X 1800 Mah batteries and a new sealed 4GB Sandisk SDHC card as well.* I just bought a dSLR and I need to offload some items.* PM me if interested.
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote