Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 9, 2008, 6:05 PM   #161

emdog,

The advantage of 720P is twofold;

1)60FPS should handle faster moving subjects

2)The Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) does not work in 1080P mode.

EIS helps remove camera shake especially in zoomed in shots.

Mine arrived at WM so I can pick it up tomorrow. (Carpooling today)

scotia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2008, 7:21 PM   #162

Scotia,

Glad to hear your cam is on its way. I ordered one from WM on 9/5 and it was backordered. The annoying thing is that the website still says, "In stock." They couldn't give me a delivery date, so I canceled and went with Amazon.

I can't wait for this cam to come; this forum has been very helpful in my decision to buy this cam.

Best,

Brian
brians238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2008, 12:35 PM   #163

Good news! Even though I canceled the Wal mart order, they shipped before they got the cancelation (I guess they found another source). The camera will be here today!
Old Sep 10, 2008, 5:28 PM   #164

well.. after all the reviews.. i had to get one.. i like it.. i just did the firmware update.. is there anything else that i need to set or do i need to do the calibration..etc..?

also.. i installed arcsoft but i cannot get it to run the theatre.. i click the shortcut and it doesnt do anything.. im using x64xp.. any ideas?
gm2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2008, 10:08 PM   #165

Hello

I need help really bad because their tech support sucks ass.

Heres my problem

I have this camera but I cant accept the Firmware update Heres why it says its protected. I know about the switch on the side. Its unlocked so I know its not that. Im not using a mac so instructions on unprotecting the card with a mac wont help. This is how I have it set up.

I have the sd card in the camera and the camera plugged into the computer but everytime I copy the firmware in it gives me that message.

I can take pictures of video and transfer them to the computer no problem. I cant add the firmware or add pictures from the computer to the camera.

I did format the sd card on the camera I cannot format the card on the computer because again the disk write protection message.

Can someone please help me here? Tech support said the switch on the side and then they would test it for me blah blah blah

I dont want to add any programs to my comp either. Isnt there a way to find the the write protection and like disable it so I can write to the card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
LifeLine182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 1:34 AM   #166

gm2k8 wrote:
Quote:
well.. after all the reviews.. i had to get one.. i like it.. i just did the firmware update.. is there anything else that i need to set or do i need to do the calibration..etc..?*

also.. i installed arcsoft but i cannot get it to run the theatre.. i click the shortcut and it doesnt do anything.. im using x64xp.. any ideas?
I have been meaning getting around to finding the post that recommended Arcsoft product, to post this response.

I ran my anti-virus/anti-spyware program, and it came up with a few apparently infected files, then theatre would no longer run, press shortcut and it would not run. Some spy-ware infection from memory.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 6:59 AM   #167

LifeLine182,

I have the same problem, when I hook the camera up with the CD card inside I cannot write to teh card, only read. I was able to put the firmware on with an external SD card reader. I formatted the card with teh camera, took it out and loaded it in the SD Card reader, added the firmware, then put the SD card back in the camera.
mastermatt111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:35 AM   #168

Apologies if this is a double post--I posted once but it didn't appear. I have my camera and now I face the question of whether or not to upgrade the firmware. Some posters seem have experienced problems with the upgrade. For those who have upgraded, would you recommend the upgrade to those of us who have not? Does the upgrade have any other enhancements, apart from addressing the "zoom mute" issue? Is there anything I should be aware of (unexpected results or procedures, for example) if I choose to upgrade?

Many thanks in advance,

Brian
Old Sep 11, 2008, 10:27 AM   #169

I'll give this board my review of the camera in a couple days. My perspective may be different from other users (I'm not really the target audience for this cam having experience with broadcast level equipment and 35mm). However I can say that I'm quite pleased with it.

But for a start I can help out with this...

LifeLine182 wrote:
Quote:
Hello

I need help really bad because their tech support sucks bottom.

Heres my problem

I have this camera but I cant accept the Firmware update Heres why it says its protected. I know about the switch on the side. Its unlocked so I know its not that. Im not using a mac so instructions on unprotecting the card with a mac wont help. This is how I have it set up.

I have the sd card in the camera and the camera plugged into the computer but everytime I copy the firmware in it gives me that message.

I can take pictures of video and transfer them to the computer no problem. I cant add the firmware or add pictures from the computer to the camera.

I did format the sd card on the camera I cannot format the card on the computer because again the disk write protection message.

Can someone please help me here? Tech support said the switch on the side and then they would test it for me blah blah blah

I dont want to add any programs to my comp either. Isnt there a way to find the the write protection and like disable it so I can write to the card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
It's actually very simple if you have a card reader, anything really that will allow you to plug the card into the computer without using the camera.

You can't write to the card while accessing the card from the camera.

I also use macs, so if you have any other problems I'd be happy to help you out.
ispn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 9:11 PM   #170

Here's another video sample. This time I used a tripod while drawing. This video has the "bounce" problem from the cam trying to auto-focus over and over again because of my shoulder and hand in the foreground.

http://www.vimeo.com/1713516
mastermatt111 is offline   Reply With Quote