Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 12, 2008, 1:29 PM   #171

I just received my camera a few days ago from Walmart site to store. I did the firmware upgrade but the zoom still sounds like it is louder than it should be when zooming in and out. Is that normal or could something possibly be wrong with the camera?
Dman6250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2008, 2:59 PM   #172

hi i was wondering if someone can send me the firmware? my email is PM me
thanks in advance!
killacam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2008, 3:29 PM   #173

oops. posted instead of pming someone
killacam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2008, 3:53 PM   #174

Pm andgive the email thatway rather be botted by spamm

killacam wrote:
Quote:
oops. posted instead of pming someone
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2008, 4:03 PM   #175

For the people who can't write to the card while it is in the camera, there is a setting in there somehwere to allow this feature.

I had a problem with the firmware where it would not focus while zoomed in. Tech support said it's a problem with the camera and I have to send it in for repair. The focus worked fine before the upgrade.
nicksws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2008, 12:54 PM   #176

can someone please host some sample footage somewhere, or pm me if you have some, that ISN'T on driveway....can we get .mov file at 720p encoded with h.264? driveway isn't working for me, b/c mac's dont recognize .exe files...i dont care if someone can email me just a short 10mb clip...thanks!

oh yeah, and great forum!
snobrder5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2008, 1:50 PM   #177

you don't need any exe files to download from driveway. you just follow the link, click download, and it gives you a .mov file...

when it's working, that is. The download links seem to be broken today. Anyway, if you follow my early links to vimeo, you can download the source files there. You just need to scroll down the page and it's on the bottom right. If the file type says "mov" then it's a source file. If it says AVI then I recompressed it to make the file size smaller, so it's not a source file.
mastermatt111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2008, 2:14 PM   #178

why we like Vimeo better LOL

mastermatt111 wrote:
Quote:
you don't need any exe files to download from driveway. you just follow the link, click download, and it gives you a .mov file...

when it's working, that is. The download links seem to be broken today. Anyway, if you follow my early links to vimeo, you can download the source files there. You just need to scroll down the page and it's on the bottom right. If the file type says "mov" then it's a source file. If it says AVI then I recompressed it to make the file size smaller, so it's not a source file.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 11:35 AM   #179

Finally someone does a review on this one I was thinking of getting this and also comparing it to the Samsung and Canon flash models.
SubaruB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 1:11 PM   #180

I've only had this camera for a little while and, frankly, my expectations were pretty low. I thought about getting it as a cheap second movie camera. The sample movie files I downloaded from here looked terrible on my quad core pc--pixellated even as stills with huge motion artifacts and jerky panning. And the resolution looked bad, too. I had a cheap 480i camera that seemed to me to give better images.

But I bought the camera anyway. And I found out how completely wrong I was. The TotalMedia player was able to play the files with perfect smoothness; the resolution was exemplary at both 1080p and 720p and the color good in decent light. I took some macro movies of insects and projected them on my 120 inch screen at 1080p. Wow! The images are pretty darn amazing--great detail and excellent sharpness.

Yes-there are significant limitations to this camera, but if you make movies in good light, I think you'll be delighted with this unit.

Brian
brians238 is offline   Reply With Quote