Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 17, 2008, 8:59 AM   #331

Curt31 wrote:
Quote:
Can you get decent video with this camera if you hold it by hand or do you have to or should you use a tripod at the highest resolution of 1080p. Really new to video more of a camera guy so I'm playing catchup here. And could someone please take a moment and explain the importance of bit rate I'm assuming the faster the bit rate the smoother more detailed the picture kind of like the different speeds on the old VHS tapes? the faster the tape the more detail was captured, don't laugh it was the only analogy I could think of. Thanks

Tom j.

Well before I bought my 6 inch tripod (it comes in handy) I used my hand to hold the camera taping Sugar Ray at the Anaheim Auto Show....I got GREAT results even though the stabilization doesn't kick in at 1080p mode.

The bitrates for this camera aren't anywhere near a Sony 1080p camera, but this camera is also at 75% less...I did quite a bit of shopping with the left over $600.

This camera definitely is better than 25% -versus what the Sony can do/does.
This is a great value.

One thing I noticed:

Loud venues (like the concert I recorded) -the audio has some type of limiter and it is very annoying. I was right in front of an 18inch powered subwoofer cabinet and that didn't help. Under normal conditions you won't have this problem.

Even in low light this camera is decent, just not Fuji-Film stellar.
JiovanniBenussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2008, 9:20 PM   #332

I just got my DXG yesterday and I'm really impressed with it
Unfortunately, the camera will not let me write to the SD card from my computer.
Has anyone found the solution to this problem yet??
RichardFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 1:43 AM   #333

hey folks i just bought this camera from wal mart....

i just wondered if anyone had luck using 16gb sd cards? and if so what kind/brand...

mine should be arriving within 3 days, im pretty excited to see what this baby can do...
jackmode211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 7:46 AM   #334

JiovanniBenussi wrote:
Quote:
Well before I bought my 6 inch tripod (it comes in handy) I used my hand to hold the camera taping Sugar Ray at the Anaheim Auto Show....I got GREAT results even though the stabilization doesn't kick in at 1080p mode.
Hi,

Can you explain how you use a 6 inch tripod? Thanks.
MarkWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 7:48 AM   #335

Also, I would still like to know how people watch their HD videos? Do most of you just watch it on your computer?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 10:53 AM   #336

Hi all,

For playback of 1080p videos from the camera, can they be viewed at all on an SDTV? I imagine the answer to this is no. I was thinking that maybe if you used the Composite out that the camcorder would output at 480i? I tried viewing the 1080p video on my Infocus 4805 projector that I watch HD on through it's component input and the video was totally green. Does anyone have any suggestions about that? Thanks.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:18 AM   #337

Dear all
i have new DXG 595
but i find problem to take still pics
even pressing still camera button its not clicking pics
what me be that reason for that

movie mode is working fine
ajay
ajay1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:19 AM   #338

Component can be setup in different ways, sometimes RGB, other times it maybe through the normal video system where they record difference of blur and red from a few green pixels underneath. Try looking into how the component is set up in camerae and on projector. But this could also be some other issue producing all the green, maybe to do with cabling/signal levels.

How come it does not output the HD through 480p in composite?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 12:56 PM   #339

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
Component can be setup in different ways, sometimes RGB, other times it maybe through the normal video system where they record difference of blur and red from a few green pixels underneath. Try looking into how the component is set up in camerae and on projector. But this could also be some other issue producing all the green, maybe to do with cabling/signal levels.

How come it does not output the HD through 480p in composite?
Thanks for your reply. I checked my cables a few times and tried it again at a different time too with the same result. I need to try it on a different TV.

As far as the question about how come it does not output the HD through 480p, I don't know. When I hook it up via composite, the WVGA clips show up and will play on a regular TV, but the 1080p ones do not.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 2:26 PM   #340

OK, I follow you. I meant watch them in SD through the composite. Your component problem sounds interesting, is the resolution mode on the components of the camera and projector set the same?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote