Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 20, 2008, 5:06 PM   #341

MarkWright wrote:
Quote:
Also, I would still like to know how people watch their HD videos? Do most of you just watch it on your computer?
Sure, I hold the tripod with my right hand...
Then hold the lcd screen with the left. I get stable video out of 1080p mode.

However if you are walking while recording then it's up to you to hold it super still.
JiovanniBenussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2008, 5:11 PM   #342

MarkWright wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,

For playback of 1080p videos from the camera, can they be viewed at all on an SDTV? I imagine the answer to this is no. I was thinking that maybe if you used the Composite out that the camcorder would output at 480i? I tried viewing the 1080p video on my Infocus 4805 projector that I watch HD on through it's component input and the video was totally green. Does anyone have any suggestions about that? Thanks.
O.k...You'll have to make sure of two things

1.) Make sure you don't mistake the blue for the green on your projector...

2.) Make sure you popped the component HD cable from your camera ALL the way in.
I didn't do this the first time and I also got green..

This will work.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 5:20 PM   #343

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
Component can be setup in different ways, sometimes RGB, other times it maybe through the normal video system where they record difference of blur and red from a few green pixels underneath. Try looking into how the component is set up in camerae and on projector. But this could also be some other issue producing all the green, maybe to do with cabling/signal levels.

How come it does not output the HD through 480p in composite?
Wayne, what are you talking about?

Component is the separation of colors Red, Blue, Green...

You can't have component video quality through a composite source (because it's only one plug, usually yellow)-hence no color separation.

I may have misunderstood you but I don't see the relevance of posting how component can be setup in different ways? -especially when the DXG only does it ONE way.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:09 PM   #344

So I just got this camcorder. I used to have a Sanyo Xacti HD 700 which has stopped working ever since I accidentally dipped it in ocean water about a month ago.

Anyways, just did a video recording in 1080 p indoors in not a lot of light and the video is pretty bad. Do I need to change any default settings? Also when I change the zoom, I can hear a distinct noise as the lens go in and our. Is that normal?
rajeshh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2008, 1:43 AM   #345

rajeshh wrote:
Quote:
So I just got this camcorder. I used to have a Sanyo Xacti HD 700 which has stopped working ever since I accidentally dipped it in ocean water about a month ago.

Anyways, just did a video recording in 1080 p indoors in not a lot of light and the video is pretty bad. Do I need to change any default settings? Also when I change the zoom, I can hear a distinct noise as the lens go in and our. Is that normal?
This entire thread is RIPE with information.
Did you read any of it?
Old Oct 21, 2008, 1:58 AM   #346

yup, I found that the zoom noise seems normal. and that not much can be set manually.

Old Oct 21, 2008, 2:11 PM   #347

rajeshh: Are you refuring to the zoom problem that using the zoom muted the audio, and was fixed using a firmware update? Have you installed that new firmware, and if so, does using the zoom add noise to the audio?
bobcat56458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2008, 2:29 PM   #348

Hello bobcat:
No, I was referring to just operating the zoom, and it making a noise. I usually havent heard it on other camcorders, and wasnt sure if that would end up being recorded...In the little bit that I have played with it, it doesnt seem like that sound is getting recorded ( maybe because the sound is getting muted...)

I havent still run into the muting issue, but have updated the firmware last night anyways.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 5:13 PM   #349

Hi,

There's another clone out - maybe not so interesting to you US people, as it costs $ 249.99on your side of the pond, and is "only" 720P. But to those who follow this thread from Europe and have been doubting about the Praktica version quoted at the beginning of the thread, it might be good to know that the Aldi discount stores are offering this: http://www.traveler-service.com/hdx10usflash/index.htm- currently it's on sale in Switzerland, Austria, United Kingdom, Ireland, and Slovenia - plus of course the US. For those of you who are curious to go beyond the publicity blurb in the above link, the user manual is here: http://h8349.serverkompetenz.net/htd...al%20HD10x.pdf- it seems to be quite close to the DXG.

It's priced at 175-199 Euros, which puts it slightly over the Praktica version, but buying it at an Aldi store adds a couple of significant benefits, especially for a product like this, where you might not be fully satisfied: If within the first month of purchase you regret, find it less than satisfying or whatever - you bring it back to the store and you get your money back, no questions asked :G. And if you like it, it comes with a three year warranty, which is reassuring.

It comes with the Arcsoft TotalMedia Extreme software (same as the DXG, IIRC), bag, 2! batteries, and a 4 GB SDHC card. The batteries can be charged in the camera, and on a separate charger.

I'll keep checking the Aldi website to see if it's offered somewhere conveniently near to me - while still waiting to see if the Toshiba Camileo H20 (which is 1080, but only has half the zoom) ever graduates from its current "phantom" state.

Sorry for this slightly OT :?.

Krouebi
krouebi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2008, 10:52 PM   #350

RichardFaulkner wrote:
Quote:
I just got my DXG yesterday and I'm really impressed with it
Unfortunately, the camera will not let me write to the SD card from my computer.
Has anyone found the solution to this problem yet??
Soooo....
Did anyone find the solution to the SD card problem yet? ;-)
RichardFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote