Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 25, 2008, 9:27 PM   #371

real short video of me messin around with the camera....

http://www.vimeo.com/2067333

looks great, the kerkiness isnt mine or the cameras fault....it might just be my computer playing it, so there might be no jerking at all...
jackmode211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2008, 9:56 PM   #372

bedfordpreneur wrote:
Quote:
Shutter Speed on camera. I'm having an issue taking photos of objects which are moving. I snap the photo and it's like the shutter speed is set really low because it's like I click the shutter button and the photo takes but when it does everything is blurred.

It's like having the shutter set really slow to let more light in for low light settings. The problem is, it's not that low of light. The photos turn out looking blurred.

Anyone have any suggestions. I looked through the menus and was unable to find a solution.
Heh, well, that is a problem with all small sensor point and shoot cameras, and in these video cameras the still mode is tacked on as almost an afterthought. There are really no manual controls at all other than a tiny bit of influence with the exposure through the EV compensation. To take good shots in low light of something moving you need fast shutter speed or more light (or use flash). To gather more light, you need a bigger sensor and bigger lens and a chip that can have lower noise and higher gain (ISO). Generally these larger lower noise chips can't do video well though, they don't have a fast enough read out mode. If this was an SLR, with bigger pixles that gathered 10 times as much light, and if you had a faster lens, say f/2.8 instead of f/3.5 (gathers twice as much light) and had a lower noise sensor that could be used at ISO 1600 instead of ISO 400 you could shoot at a faster shutter speed to freeze the action. You have none of those things here, and you can't even contol the ISO or shutter speed, it is set automatically. Even if you could have some manual settings the hardware here just could not give you what you want, more light. That's why people buy more expensive still cameras with faster lenses and better sensors.

Your only control here is to shoot at wide angle (lens is fastest there), and maybe use a little - EV compensation to reduce the exposure as far as you can without the picture getting too dark. That probably will not help.
brachiopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2008, 2:08 AM   #373

RichardFaulkner wrote:
Quote:
By the way, has anyone tried using an SD card above 8GB? And if so, does it work?
And also, what's the highest capacity (mAh) NP-120 battery you guys have found?

Thanks.
I hear ya RF...

#1 This has already been tried and tested, this camera will NOT accept a 16gig to write to.

#2 I have two 2000mah I bought from an online store Vidalio or something like that....
ONE batter for me lasted at least 3 hours!!! Includes shooting, and playback of movies.

I say at least because I shot for about 1.5 hours, and watched it all, (twice) and the battery still had one bar left.
JiovanniBenussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2008, 2:11 AM   #374

bedfordpreneur wrote:
Quote:
Shutter Speed on camera. I'm having an issue taking photos of objects which are moving. I snap the photo and it's like the shutter speed is set really low because it's like I click the shutter button and the photo takes but when it does everything is blurred.

It's like having the shutter set really slow to let more light in for low light settings. The problem is, it's not that low of light. The photos turn out looking blurred.

Anyone have any suggestions. I looked through the menus and was unable to find a solution.
Have you tried taking pictures while ONLY in camera mode?

If you have it set to video mode, I have noticed the blurring...
I had it set to Still mode, next, and I was able to take a crisp picture...

Hope this helps you out.
JiovanniBenussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2008, 1:17 PM   #375

JiovanniBenussi wrote:
Quote:
I hear ya RF...

#1 This has already been tried and tested, this camera will NOT accept a 16gig to write to.

#2 I have two 2000mah I bought from an online store Vidalio or something like that....
ONE batter for me lasted at least 3 hours!!! Includes shooting, and playback of movies.

I say at least because I shot for about 1.5 hours, and watched it all, (twice) and the battery still had one bar left.
Thanks!
I'm probably going to buy an 8-gig card and some more batteries :-)
RichardFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2008, 6:26 PM   #376

bought both from ebay before my camera arrived....

2 batterys for 9.98 and and 8 gb card for 20
jackmode211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:49 PM   #377

Hey I Gotta Quick Question... On My LCD Screen Used To Be At a 4:3 Ratio Even On 1080p N For Some Reason Its Now At A 16:9... Is There Anyway To Get It Back To 4:3? Thanks
GameSharkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 5:25 AM   #378

I have a 16 gig SanDisk card and it writes 16 gig with no problems.

nicksws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 7:38 AM   #379

nicksws6 wrote:
Quote:
With SDHC, there is no reason for a device not to accept all the way up to the 32GB Maximum. Usually the problem is incompatibility with specific brands etc.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:34 AM   #380

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
nicksws6 wrote:
Quote:
With SDHC, there is no reason for a device not to accept all the way up to the 32GB Maximum. Usually the problem is incompatibility with specific brands etc.
Jiovanni saysit WON'T accept > 8GB, but you guys say it will :lol:

I'll take a chance and try a 16 or 32 gig :?
RichardFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote