Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 2, 2008, 11:05 PM   #391

JiovanniBenussi wrote:
Quote:
I didn't think so....:blah:
DXG doesn't say anything at all in their knowledgebase about SDHC card sizes unfortunately but here is what Aiptek says about their cameras on their support page:

"The camera can support an 8 Gigabyte SDHC up to Class 4 which will provide up to 4 hours of HD video. It may support up to a 32GB card, once they are made available by the major brands."

It doesn't mention WHICH camera. I notice most of them seem to list 32GB now anyway.

Also in the manuals for some of the other current DXG models it just says 'SDHC compatible' with no max. It would be odd if the 595 really was limited. If it turns out that it is for some reason, then it should be fixable by firmware but like I said it shouldn't need this.

Some cards may just not be compatible. I remember a thread on the Sanyo forum where they listed some cards that didn't work properly in certain models for instance. You would think a spec should be a consistent thing, but apparently manufacturers don't always follow them to the letter.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2008, 9:01 PM   #392

zafrab wrote:
Quote:
I wanted to buy DXG 595V
I visited Amazon.com. The camera picture on the web page shows top mounted Microphone which has 720P with no image stabilization.
http://www.amazon.com/DXG-DXG-595V-Megapixel-High-Definition-Digital/dp/B00155BS28/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=12252 81278&sr=8-1
but the DXG website shows LCD mounted microphone which has Image stabilization and 1080P.
http://www.dxgtechusa.com/public_html/old/data_sheets/DXG595V.jpg
Here are the details of two models by DXG.
THIS IS THE MODEL I WANT TO BUY
http://www.dxgtech.com/product_jpg/DVH596.jpg
Please guide me from where can I buy my 1080P DXG 595V HD or may be DVH596
THANKS.

If you order off Amazon through ANTOnline, you will get the BEST deal (lowest cost + shipping combined) Hope this helps ;-)

RichardFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2008, 9:05 PM   #393

Thanks Richard I saw it on Amazon and asked them if it was LCD mounted Mic 1080p and they replied it is the same as on their website. Is there any other way of checking if it is 720p or 1080p? as both are being sold in the stores.
zafrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2008, 7:55 AM   #394

zafrab wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Richard I saw it on Amazon and asked them if it was LCD mounted Mic 1080p and they replied it is the same as on their website. Is there any other way of checking if it is 720p or 1080p? as both are being sold in the stores.
Yes, the one from Amazon/ANTOnline is the new one with the lcd-mounted mic and 1080p
RichardFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2008, 2:23 PM   #395

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
JiovanniBenussi wrote:
Quote:
DXG doesn't say anything at all in their knowledgebase about SDHC card sizes unfortunately but here is what Aiptek says about their cameras on their support page:

"The camera can support an 8 Gigabyte SDHC up to Class 4 which will provide up to 4 hours of HD video. It may support up to a 32GB card, once they are made available by the major brands."

It doesn't mention WHICH camera. I notice most of them seem to list 32GB now anyway.

Also in the manuals for some of the other current DXG models it just says 'SDHC compatible' with no max. It would be odd if the 595 really was limited. If it turns out that it is for some reason, then it should be fixable by firmware but like I said it shouldn't need this.

Some cards may just not be compatible. I remember a thread on the Sanyo forum where they listed some cards that didn't work properly in certain models for instance. You would think a spec should be a consistent thing, but apparently manufacturers don't always follow them to the letter.
See, this is where software engineers come in...
IF the DXG 596 was built to handle 8gig SDHC cards as per DXG, it is fairly conceivable to see that they would have said so, OR built a stable firmware that supports MORE than 16 or 32gig cards.

Sure, it *could* work, but what does that mean?
Well for starters the card could be able to be read by the camera's operating system, sure. BUT, will it WRITE to ALL gigs therein?

This is the question I posed and SO FAR.....NO ONE has successfully done so, have they?

It's in the best interest of all DXG 1080p camera holders that this plays out to our advantage, however all I see are words...What do you see? Optimism without facts to support them are delusions are they not?
JiovanniBenussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2008, 4:33 PM   #396

How can I flash firmware to the original state? The new firmware messed up my focus. Thanks private message me Please
nh7432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2008, 1:30 PM   #397

JiovanniBenussi wrote:
Quote:
rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
JiovanniBenussi wrote:
Quote:

See, this is where software engineers come in...
IF the DXG 596 was built to handle 8gig SDHC cards as per DXG, it is fairly conceivable to see that they would have said so, OR built a stable firmware that supports MORE than 16 or 32gig cards.

Sure, it *could* work, but what does that mean?
Well for starters the card could be able to be read by the camera's operating system, sure. BUT, will it WRITE to ALL gigs therein?

This is the question I posed and SO FAR.....NO ONE has successfully done so, have they?

It's in the best interest of all DXG 1080p camera holders that this plays out to our advantage, however all I see are words...What do you see? Optimism without facts to support them are delusions are they not?
I contacted DXG Support directly about this model and this is their response:

Thank you for contacting DXG USA. I appreciate your time and patience as I assist you in this matter. Your comments, questions, and correspondence are valuable for me to continue improving my level of service. I will be glad to assist you with your request.Yes it will accept 16GB or 32GB.

Which backs up my earlier response.

I do agree with JiovanniBenussi in that it would be beneficial for anyone who has actually tried out a 16 or 32GB card to test that it does indeed work.

I saw at least one person here who said it worked with a 16GB card although they hadn't filled it up. Having said that, the device should tell you how much recording time you have available which should match up with what would be expected for a given size card and if the two match it is highly unlikely the device would only use a portion of the card, card brand incompatibilities not withstanding of course
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2008, 2:50 PM   #398

To the people with 8GB SDHC cards:

Do you REALLY need a CLASS 6 card or can you use a CLASS 4 card to record at 1080p ? The Class 6 cards are more expensive and it isn't clear on this thread if you really need a class 6 to record at 1080p.

davedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2008, 3:09 PM   #399

you do not need to,,,,,,,,,

it's plane and simple, I like th think that if you are using it as a reader writer only then you can get a hgher speedcard. it records the same speed no matter what is in ther . I may be incorrect in ways but no need for a faster more expensive card. just keep to a major brand like Sandisk....

davedude wrote:
Quote:

Do you REALLY need a CLASS 6 card or can you use a CLASS 4 card to record at 1080p ? The Class 6 cards are more expensive and it isn't clear on this thread if you really need a class 6 to record at 1080p.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2008, 3:23 PM   #400

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
you do not need to,,,,,,,,,

it's plane and simple, I like th think that if you are using it as a reader writer only then you can get a hgher speedcard. it records the same speed no matter what is in ther . I may be incorrect in ways but no need for a faster more expensive card. just keep to a major brand like Sandisk....

davedude wrote:
Quote:

Thank you Fishy for the good info. I went ahead and bought a Class 4 card since I am only concerned about enough speed to record 1080p and do not care about the transfer rate of files off the card since I am not in that much of a hurry to get the files from the SDHC card into my computer for editing.

davedude is offline   Reply With Quote