Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 7, 2008, 10:44 AM   #411

davedude wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
A excellent way to show a test.

As i do not own this but does the cam have any internal memory? if so lets do a test that way as well.

I hear the choo choo train as ican describe it, and gear zoom noise.: was this in perfect order before? or is it just the mic isso sensitive that it picks up the noise

davedude wrote:
Quote:
I think I have the "bad memory card" sound problem.

Please watch this and let me know if you think that is the case

I am using a PNY 8GB Class 4 memory card

http://www.vimeo.com/2179986

Fishy, I believe the mic is so sensitive with the firmware upgrade (no mute during zoom) that in a silent room you can hear the zoom very loud. I agree with you it sounds like the "choo choo train" that was talked about which leads me to believe I might need to try a different brand or class of Memory card
Fishy, this camera does not have internal memory. You must use a SDHC card to record video.
davedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2008, 11:20 AM   #412

Here is a test with a different brand of memory card

SanDisk 256MB cheap red/blue card

http://www.vimeo.com/2180524

I still get the "choo choo" sound but it sounds different than with the PNY 8GB Class 4 card

You think its worth it buying another card to fix this?

Old Nov 7, 2008, 11:34 AM   #413

Back in the days when we recorded on a cassette , music, we would get hissing humming noise. We has 3 choices , and ten to forget today LOL. standard medium and metal oxide, we also had units that added Nr (noise reduction or dolby nr

I am sure a SD card is called a secure disk that records Data,in different formats, and do not have control of sound on them, unless you're editing in a program.

So why buy other cards if they all do the same record data...............

I think it is a problem in the camera that is normal due to low cost. If you can andnot saying you should. mute the sound you get no noise, but that only cuts al noise out.

I have video and OFFTOPIC of the Aiptek or jazz or others that I can enhance , increase the feild in editing to take out the unwanted noise, and that is how I go about things.

Also, wedo not wantt ogo this route if we paid $$ hard erned cash, and expect the unit to be faweless. they'l be able to fix this onl by firmware, and what will happen. wil be a decrease in sound they can only rasie or lower the mic and not cancel the internal noise, Once thecompany does that, we then complain it's to low or not strong enough to pick up the distance. we had this with Aiptek, and now others.......

Feedback is another exampleand once noise , sound is in then thefeedback tends to fade. hope my observation is clear, not then my 2 cents.

I will step in time to time , but am not a owner of this cam yet.

I preferre a hybrid type..............

davedude wrote:
Quote:
Here is a test with a different brand of memory card

SanDisk 256MB cheap red/blue card

http://www.vimeo.com/2180524

I still get the "choo choo" sound but it sounds different than with the PNY 8GB Class 4 card

You think its worth it buying another card to fix this?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2008, 11:44 AM   #414

Offtopic:

Vimeo, I agree One Hd per week is aweful, we have to control to load the Hd we want, so the 1st is loaded , I preferre to load something Important now then just a short clip. If I forget i lose out on the Hd of that week,while they claim you'll have 4 per month if forgotten. while the Impor page has no choice.....

Are there other sites that you can share , Youtube and depending on how you load.

I am sure there are but super-hard to find.

motionbox, unsure......

now if you loaded that clip it may be best t odescribe to the member not to foget if you want to watch in HD ti Dl the file or click it, IE opens and in Hi def?

davedude wrote:
Quote:
Also as you might have noticed from my test video that Vimeo is now charging to upload HD movies ($60 a year). They only give you 1 free HD upload a week now for free. They encoded my HD video to Standard Def because I am not a paying member.

I am wondering if their is another site that lets you share movies in HD. I am not willing to pay $60
Old Nov 7, 2008, 1:13 PM   #415

I went ahead and bought another card to see if it will fix the sound issue.

This time I got a SanDisk Ultra II 8GB card (CLASS 2). The audio problem WENT AWAY!

This makes not much sense because my PNY 8GB Class 4 had the issue and my SanDisk cheap 256MB card had the issue (but slighty different sound noise).

I have come to the conclusion that this camera is VERY PICKY about what brand/type of SDHC card you use. More expensive/higher class & speed does NOT mean it will work better with this camera.

Old Nov 7, 2008, 2:18 PM   #416

I do appologise if I misslead.........

very interesting. well things do happ and for the best

davedude wrote:
Quote:

This time I got a SanDisk Ultra II 8GB card (CLASS 2). The audio problem WENT AWAY!

This makes not much sense because my PNY 8GB Class 4 had the issue and my SanDisk cheap 256MB card had the issue (but slighty different sound noise).

I have come to the conclusion that this camera is VERY PICKY about what brand/type of SDHC card you use. More expensive/higher class & speed does NOT mean it will work better with this camera.

Old Nov 7, 2008, 4:47 PM   #417

davedude wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

As i do not own this but does the cam have any internal memory? if so lets do a test that way as well.

I hear the choo choo train as ican describe it, and gear zoom noise.: was this in perfect order before? or is it just the mic isso sensitive that it picks up the noise

davedude wrote:
Quote:

Fishy, I believe the mic is so sensitive with the firmware upgrade (no mute during zoom) that in a silent room you can hear the zoom very loud. I agree with you it sounds like the "choo choo train" that was talked about which leads me to believe I might need to try a different brand or class of Memory card
Incorrect. I don't have this problem at all and I've recorded in silent rooms with no other noise except a ceiling fan in the room, and I was far enough away so that it couldn't affect the sound quality.
JiovanniBenussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2008, 4:50 PM   #418

davedude wrote:
Quote:

I don't think PNY is a great card manufacturer....
I've used a Apacer class 6 8gig with Zero problems....

As you said, and as stated in this thread YMMV with whatever card you choose to use.
JiovanniBenussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2008, 5:00 PM   #419

I have NO problems using my A-DATA 16MB SDHC Class 6 Card.
MRX900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2008, 5:49 PM   #420

JiovanniBenussi wrote:
Quote:
davedude wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

davedude wrote:
Quote:

Incorrect. I don't have this problem at all and I've recorded in silent rooms with no other noise except a ceiling fan in the room, and I was far enough away so that it couldn't affect the sound quality.
You don't hear the Zoom motor noise? Are you on the new firmware or old firmare?