Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 11, 2008, 2:11 PM   #431

Welcome Aboard Micom

this threadwill be locked, if I do not recieve some Alaska Pics:G

Just kidding, love to se some. where in Alaska did you go? I have gone on the lower part back in 01, and to Junue, skagway, and katchekan

I started out around that time with the cams................

To Answer that question our members will know more. thecamera has to work, and it works a lil harder, other cams like the Kodak 710 taken 10 secs to clear from zoom-o zoom spots. I am sure all cameras have some lag, On my JVC it does not and for that i am happy. it is probably a costly part and they found their best way to utilize the part/ so does the Aiptek but the Aiptek suffers all the time with the Hunting if not locked.......

thank you for Joining

MICOM wrote:
Quote:
:?
Hello everybody, thanks for a great forum, I love reading about all the reviews. I bought the DXG 595V from Walmart. and have been comparing video and pictures it to my Aiptek A-HD. I took a trip to Alaska and shot hundreds of photos and lots of video with the Aiptek. I really liked the Aiptek but it was only a digital 2x zoom and the sound was poor. I got excellent photos with the Aiptek that are very clear. Anyway, I notice that with the DXG-595V that during zooming it is out of focus. The focus will be clear before the zoom, then it waits till I have finished zooming, then it will focus. I installed the upgrade on the camera and that slowed the zoom speed. Before the upgrade it zoomed fast but did the same thing.
Any ideas?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2008, 8:54 AM   #432

Ordered two items off Amazon that might interest you guys:

A-Data 16GB Turbo-Speed Class 6 SD card:
DO NOT BUY IT!! STUPID NOISE PROBLEM!

Hitech NP-120 2000mAh battery
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002JTD34
$2.95 New from TheMemStore, $2.00 Refurb from USA Bargains

These are the best deals I could find for 16GB cards and 2000mAh NP-120 batteries, so I did the research for you guys ;-)

BTW, Anyone knows if A-Data cards work well with the DXG?
RichardFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2008, 11:50 AM   #433

RichardFaulkner wrote:
Quote:
Ordered two items off Amazon that might interest you guys:

A-Data 16GB Turbo-Speed Class 6 SD card:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BM0WLS
$27.00 When bought from Hot Deals 4 Less

Hitech NP-120 2000mAh battery
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002JTD34
$2.95 New from TheMemStore, $2.00 Refurb from USA Bargains

These are the best deals I could find for 16GB cards and 2000mAh NP-120 batteries, so I did the research for you guys ;-)

BTW, Anyone knows if A-Data cards work well with the DXG?
That's what these forums are great for. This kind of research by members :lol:

Considering how cheap memory cards are now, there really is no excuse not to use the highest quality mode your camera offers! :G

I can still remember when a 1GB Compact Flash card cost over $1000 for an Ipaq 3670 Pocket PC I had :? Obviously I didn't purchase one back then LOL
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:50 PM   #434

i've googlet it to find a online store in europe, but yet i havnt found any. Could someone please link me to a european store who deels this camera.

I guess that the DXG-595V is the same as the Praktica DVC 5.2 FHD?
kennethlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2008, 1:57 PM   #435

Hi all,

My daughter wants Sony Vegas software for Christmas (totally unrelated to this camcorder). There are 4 versions of Vegas software. What version do I need to edit videos from this camcorder? Is Vegas easy to use with the output of this cam?

Where have people ordered their extra batteries from? Richard's link has the batteries for $2.95, but shipping is $6.85. Is that still the best place to order from? Thanks.
MarkWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2008, 2:33 PM   #436

I use a number of programs: it is best to read the main home page and even the box itself.

Sony begas 8 is NOT HD in saving they say 9 is,

it is not hard to use just like any thing you get, take the time to use it and it will become easy I have to say on the first fewtrys it is hard until you get to know it.

MarkWright wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,

My daughter wants Sony Vegas software for Christmas (totally unrelated to this camcorder). There are 4 versions of Vegas software. What version do I need to edit videos from this camcorder? Is Vegas easy to use with the output of this cam?

Where have people ordered their extra batteries from? Richard's link has the batteries for $2.95, but shipping is $6.85. Is that still the best place to order from? Thanks.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 5:26 PM   #437

Thanks Fishy, but I'm not looking for the differences in version 8 vs. 9, but the differences between Vegas Movie Studio, Movie Studio Platinum, Movie Studio Platinum Pro Pack, and Vegas Pro. I am looking for the cheapest one that will edit video from the DVG-595V. It looks like the Platinum is necessary for HD video.
MarkWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2008, 5:46 PM   #438

platinum

has been out and should do the trick

but research before you take my word

go to Sony trial it if it works fine then you'r in bussiness. i prefere to load off the cam to the pc and work on it in a filewhile I am sur the budget cam does not have firewire. this is where a faste sd card comes in play.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 6:51 PM   #439

I am about to do some serious testing with video editing software using files from the DXG-595v. I need to find out which package handles the files natively (or converts them to a format easily with no quality loss) for editing and has the most smooth playback in the preview window in the editor.

I currently have in my possesion and will test the following packages: (Some I have already tested)

Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus
Sony Vegas Pro 8
Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9
Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 and CS4
Adobe Premiere Elements 7
Avid Media Composer 3.0

I am testing this all on a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 processor with 2 GB of memory and SATA hard drives.

I will post my results when I get done. Let me know of any other video editing packages I might of missed that you might think will work with the files from the DXG-595v.

Also I would like opinions if I would be better off converting the files to AVCHD before editing..even though AVCHD usually requires a QUAD core processor to edit...so I would like to avoid converting to AVCHD if possible.

I will be using 1080P files only for this test. (1080P h.264/MOV files)
Am I correct that the files are H.264/MOV (AVC codec?)
davedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2008, 7:24 PM   #440

OK. I have Sony Vegas 8 Pro, and it DOES support the import and export of HD video.
Vegas works perfectly with the video captured from the cam but you have to rename the files from .mov to .mp4. Otherwise you may get errors or no sound. As for the versions: Movie Studio 9 provides basic editing and will not export in HD. VMS Platinum has support for HD and 5.1 channels. Platinum Pro Pack comes with extra editing tools and more transitions and effects. Vegas Pro 8 is the high-end version for professionals, and is probably not the best value for consumers. Platinum or Platinum Pro Pack seems like the best deal for most consumers.
RichardFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote