Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 13, 2008, 7:30 PM   #441

davedude wrote:
Quote:
Also I would like opinions if I would be better off converting the files to AVCHD before editing..even though AVCHD usually requires a QUAD core processor to edit...so I would like to avoid converting to AVCHD if possible.

I will be using 1080P files only for this test. (1080P h.264/MOV files)
Am I correct that the files are H.264/MOV (AVC codec?)
I don't think converting the files to AVCHD would be the best of ideas, since you'll lose some quality in the conversion and there's really no point in converting it.

And yes, the files are in H.264/MOV AVC. The video is encoded as AVC as a MPEG-4 MOV. The audio is encoded as 2 Channel AVC Audio @ 48000 kHz.
RichardFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 12:13 AM   #442

Hi Fishycomics, I don't want this thread to end so I have uploaded a few pictures of Alaska, I put these pictures in the Travel section of the photos this forum. Do you know if the older firmware is available for thDXH-595V ?
Thanks
Mike :-)
MICOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 7:21 AM   #443

a quit alright, pic or not LOL

I do not own or am interested in the firmware the memberswho are in here should know htatanswer. thanks you

bypassing thecompany is notgood

1 will tell them your cam is perfect. and keeping a defective, flawed unit on the market

2 firmware in touch with the company, helps fix issues one has

that is my 2 cents.

MICOM wrote:
Quote:
Hi Fishycomics, I don't want this thread to end so I have uploaded a few pictures of Alaska, I put these pictures in the Travel section of the photos this forum. Do you know if the older firmware is available for thDXH-595V ?
Thanks
Mike :-)
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2008, 12:37 AM   #444

I am thinking about getting the DXG-595V. How is it in low light conditions?

Update: Does the Transcend 8GB SDHC Class 6 Card have a noise problem?
lostboykev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2008, 7:40 PM   #445

I just ordered the the DXG-595V with a Transcend 8GB card. Hope it comes soon. I've seen a bunch of videos on Vimeo demonstrating the 595V. I'm so excited!
lostboykev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2008, 6:08 AM   #446

I`ve got my new "596", I`m in Australia, and this ones a "Kogan". They claim it has OIS not EIS but I`m not so sure ( although I don`t know ). It takes great 1080 videos but the 720 mode is nothing to shout about - too many blobs in tree pics etc. In 1080 mode, looking at a countryside vid on my Samsung 1080p 40" LCD TV its easy to see fields / paddocks outlines on hills around 8 -10 miles away. Very impressive. The sound isn`t that loud however....
The bios in setup reveals FWVH 596 V1.17_0818, HW: DXG, UI:OSD Table V1.1
Time: Aug18 2008 16.02.02, Bin dvh596.bin
Is this the same as other 596 models out there..?
Thanks guys
vfastbear australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2008, 6:09 AM   #447

Oh yes, I came with a 8gb Apacer class 6 SDHC memory card.
vfastbear australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:45 PM   #448

Hello all,
I have two questions about this camcorder.

1. Does anyone know if there are issues using Sandisk Extreme SDHC cards?

2. How long does this thing take to received from Wal-mart or Amazon after ordering? I'd like to have it as soon as possible if I order it.
speedballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2008, 6:31 PM   #449

speedballin wrote:
Quote:
Hello all,
I have two questions about this camcorder.

1. Does anyone know if there are issues using Sandisk Extreme SDHC cards?

2. How long does this thing take to received from Wal-mart or Amazon after ordering? I'd like to have it as soon as possible if I order it.
Can't say anything about the cards yet, I'm still playing with a mere 256mb Lexar. So far so good though. Haven't had enough SD size to get the firmware update yet either but I'll be getting a 4GB shortly.

As far as the time it takes, I ordered mine on the 7th and picked it up today. About 10 days seems to be the standard.

So far I love the camera, it's definitely basic, but it looks good and the footage isn't bad
Neil Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2008, 7:07 PM   #450

Thanks for the info Neil - there was a deal on those memory cards, but it expired today

So I ended up ordering some Kingston 8GB class 2 SDHC cards - hopefully they won't give me any problems.

I ordered it from walmart with one day shipping - the reason being that the person I'm buying it for is big on the extended warranties and even with the one day shipping walmart had the best price with the warranty included - hopefully they will ship as promised and it will be here wednesday or thursday - very excited to get it and test it out since I want to be sure it has the proper firmware and the memory cards work for it before I gift it.
speedballin is offline   Reply With Quote