Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 20, 2008, 9:30 AM   #481

That sounds like a bad battery to me. The camera is just reflecting the bad battery and the bad battery is the reason it won't charge - that is what I would think. Where did you purchase? Walmart, Amazon, or Buy.com should all be relatively easy exchanges - but this does suck considering there is no way to wall plug this camera.
speedballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2008, 9:38 AM   #482

I bought it from Amazon. I wonder will it cost less to buy a new one or ship the defective one to Amazon. They are 5$ each I think.
KoolKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2008, 9:47 AM   #483

I will be getting my DXG-595V later today (really excited). But I need to know how good quality the LCD display is. Does it look crisp and clear, is it average for a video camera?

Update: Also will this battery work with my soon to be camera?

http://www.amazon.com/Hitech-Fuji-NP...7192518&sr=8-2
lostboykev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2008, 9:52 AM   #484

lostboykev wrote:
Quote:
I will be getting my DXG-595V later today (really excited). But I need to know how good quality the LCD display is. Does it look crisp and clear, is it average for a video camera?

Update: Also will this battery work with my soon to be camera?

http://www.amazon.com/Hitech-Fuji-NP...518&sr=8-2
LCD quality is Ok not all too great but the Cam's outdoor video will blow you away specially when you consider its "price". You can't get this good video so cheap.
KoolKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2008, 9:54 AM   #485

Does the LCD swivel?
Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:26 AM   #486

No the screen does not swivel - but the camera overall looks and feels very nice.

As for Amazon - if you bought it directly from Amazon they will pay all costs to ship a replacement and for you to send it back (they will give you a shipping label). They even have a system where they will send you a new replacement before you even send the old one back. If you bought through a re-seller - say Ant-Online you will have to contact them about their return and exchange policy.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 11:19 AM   #487

Is there a power jack on the video camera?
Old Nov 20, 2008, 12:22 PM   #488

There is no power jack on the camera - the only way to charge the batteries are with the provided wall battery charger.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 1:02 PM   #489

lostboykev wrote:
Quote:
Does the LCD swivel?
If you mean does it rotate so you can watch yourself, it will go 270 degrees and the image automatically rights itself.

The LCD is pretty crisp for a budget camera, although I find it tends to "lie" to me and shows the light to be better than is actually captured.

From what I understand, any NP-120 battery will work. Here's some on Ebay with free shipping: http://tinyurl.com/6zup6m

Neil Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2008, 2:34 PM   #490

Neil,
Have you had a chance to do low light level filming yet? I have not returned it, but will probably do so by the end of the day. I've checked out low level videos with different hybrid HDs (Jazz, Sanyo, Aiptek) and while the video can be grainy and pixelated, I do not see consistent lines in those.