Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 13, 2008, 5:37 PM   #41

Wayne,

I'm going to email DXG to request this feature in the next firmware release. I'll doubt they will put it in but it is worth a shot.

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
OK, saw your chart, that is low bit-rate, but I have seen just over 7mb/s from calculating file length divided by seconds (I guess you are using raw data-rate reported from some application stripped of headers, data and sound tracks, or maybe it does more at times).

Anyway, this leads me to believe that there is a setting that can turn up the quality of the camera in the chip, and might/should be accessible through the firmware. My guess is that the setting extends up to around 18mb/s, that should give constant error free results.
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 8:02 PM   #42

another clip in Tahoe.

http://www.vimeo.com/1524365
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:05 PM   #43

Macro mode performance @ 1080P

http://www.vimeo.com/1525241
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:03 PM   #44

So I figured out the source of the noise I was experiencing while recording in low noise situations. It turns out that my Patriot 4GB SDHC card was the issue. When I use another SD card the noise goes away. I have 2 X DXG-595V's here and confirmed this on both units.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:11 PM   #45

Fish, which SD card are you using. The noise the camcorder was picking up was due to my cheapo Patriot 4GB SDHC card I purchased for $9.99.

thefish wrote:
Quote:
D1PHAM wrote:
Quote:
Here is the problem I have with my video aka "Train Track Audio":

http://www.vimeo.com/1495104

Turn your volume all the way up to hear the inference noise. Note I can only notice this when I film in extremely quiet environments.
I too get some noise thought it is different than yours:

http://www.driveway.com/d6g0b9y1v8

I can also hear the camera making some funny sounds while filming in a quiet place maybe it is the AF working?

Have you tried to to the "Check EIS"? Mine says "No EIS!! Please Power-off" when I try that. Thought EIS seems to be working right (see new video in first post)
Old Aug 15, 2008, 7:01 AM   #46

D1PHAM wrote:
Quote:
Wayne,

*I'm going to email DXG to request this feature in the next firmware release.* I'll doubt they will put it in but it is worth a shot.
I doubt they would do it, either it is set to a lower rate and has a bit of variability (keeping battery consumption, heat and data-rate down) or has a lot, and even potentially licensed at a certain speed (meaning, if so, manufacturers might not do it/overclock it but others might).
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 7:17 AM   #47

But worth a big shot, 9mb/s it is simply too low for 720p60, but 13mb/s+ should be. Hopefully we will see true 1080p60 19mb/s+ this year or next when new chips come in.

There is a list of things that would be good on the camera worth adding as a second list:

720p50 (better compression at the same data-rate, standard HDTV mode, and more compatible with PAL television down-conversion).

Full resolution and frame rate, live component/HDMI output during filming without compression or interlace, in 10 bit+ or 8bit.

Set focus, shutter, aperture, exposure (called gain) sharpness and color level.

Keep the really close macro focus.

Some more manual control.

Most of these things are minor modifications, but surely makes a camera worth it in the right hands.

Thanks D1pham

Wayne12
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 10:10 AM   #48

Can anyone confirm if this camcorder has a lens thread so you could attach a wide angle. THANK YOU!
tripleflip18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:55 PM   #49

Triple the camcorder does not have a lens thread.

tripleflip18 wrote:
Quote:
Can anyone confirm if this camcorder has a lens thread so you could attach a wide angle. THANK YOU!
Old Aug 15, 2008, 5:28 PM   #50

Too bad there's no remote control capability, either.

Private Idaho
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote