Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:03 PM   #501

Did you follow the instructions?

I formatted card on computer using FAT32 formatting. I then dropped bin file into card. You then put the card into the camera and go into the set up menu.

The instructions are in a jpeg included with the firmware if you got it from the DXG website.

The only thing is maybe you have the "lock" switch in the locked position on your SD card? I would check that.
speedballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:10 PM   #502

I can't drop bin file into card because that card ,for some reason, is write protected.
lostboykev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:24 PM   #503

Well, the only thing I can think is that the physical tab on the card is in the lock position - have you checked that? The cards usually have a little tab on the side that you can move between the locked and unlocked position.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:37 PM   #504

It's not locked. I think I found the problem. The card is a mini SD with an adapter that I took out of my moto Q. I think it has to do with the phone. Because you are able to change setting of the card on there and there's probably something I can change to remove the write protection. Anyways it's not a big deal, this card is only temporary until my 8GB gets delivered.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:42 PM   #505

OK cool - that is odd though - I used a micro SD I pulled form my phone and it worked fine with no changes needed.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:57 PM   #506

Something really weird happened, unrelated to my camera. Yesterday I was checking out video samples of DXG-595V on Vimeo. Now forward to today. I type in dxg-595v and no results. Maybe I typed it incorrectly. tried dxg595v, dxg595 and even dxg. No results. And then I tried to search for other videos and I can't get search results for anything! Someone please check this out to see, for some reason, if it's just me with this problem.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:59 PM   #507

Something similar happened to me once playing videos on Vimeo. The first day I was reading this thread I watched like 5-10 videos with no problem and then all of sudden I could not watch videos. The page would load but the video would not.

Also, there are some sample videos on the Sanyo HD100 on vimeo but I can not find them directly through Vimeo - I have to go through a google search through to find them.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 11:12 PM   #508

lostboykev wrote:
Quote:
I can't drop bin file into card because that card ,for some reason, is write protected.
Dude! Does ANYONE EVER look back in the forum when they have a problem???

I've answered this question many times already! xD

Try looking back in the forum. I posted the solution somewhere :-)
I answered this question just a couple of pages back.

EDIT:
Another HDV-D9 rebrand:
http://www.nujitsu.com/product_detai...;productId=108
The page states that it has HDMI output
RichardFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:21 AM   #509

when I load FW to a Aiptek I made sure I transfered ONLY on to the SD card through the PC to the card reader of the pc.

You are grabbing the file on the pc, transferring the file into the camera direct, as a card reader.

, if you can try another route like i said pc to othe device other then the cam see if that works.

other members will have the better answer

lostboykev wrote:
Quote:
Help! Can't update firmware. Says it's protected and can't write file. I tried formating it with the computer, wouldn't let me. Did it on the camera, it let me but still can't drag and drop .bin update into camera. How so I fix this?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:48 PM   #510

Got the firmware to update. The calibration thing worked. Thanks!