Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 2, 2008, 4:30 PM   #551

Phew!!!
Guess I got mine just in time then...
Ordered it on Black Friday and received it yesterday from WalMart..
I noticed on Sunday they didn't have them on the site anymore...

Having played with it a little now, I have to say it is a nice little cam!!
I'm quitre happy with it.. Took a video last night (inside) of my 3 year old in 1080
and tried on the DLP projector at work today.. Even at a 120"screen it looks pretty
good!!!

I can't however get a smooth video from it when I import into Magix and save as an
AVI or a WMV. Audio is always off ater about 15 seconds into the clip.

Best I can get is I installed QTime, XviD codec and used RadTools.
Did a fairly good job.. Exported a 1080, 3 minute clip to 720 and 1080 AVI using Divx.
Clip size before rendering was 205 MB. Bitrate was 9.89 Meg.

The 720 video came out to .5k per minute (2.5 hours on a DVD) showa bitrate of 8.5 meg.
The 1080 came out at 1.12k per minute (just over an hour on a DVD) with
a bitrate of 16 Meg (!!!!)
To render the 3 min clip to 720 took 35 minutes on a fairly new (1yr old) PC running Vista. I didn't time the 1080 version of it.

N3M3515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:27 PM   #552

Bestbuy.com has it for $179.

This is the first time I have found amazon.com to be more expensive than anywhere else! They currently show it for $234!! I wonder why they have certain models of camcorder in the stores while others are online only.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:04 PM   #553

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
Bestbuy.com has it for $179.

This is the first time I have found amazon.com to be more expensive than anywhere else! They currently show it for $234!! I wonder why they have certain models of camcorder in the stores while others are online only.
Thanks for the heads-up on Best Buy having them. Just finished placing my order.

JohnnyBra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 5:39 PM   #554

Free player compatible with playing video from DXG-595v

I just want to let everyone know that the free VLC player which can be found at

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Plays 1080p footage from this camera perfectly. Even on my multimonitor computer. I can drag the video to any of my computer monitors and it doesn't miss a beat.

I AM STILL LOOKING FOR A VIDEO EDITOR that will edit video from this camera with SMOOTH PLAYBACK FROM THE TIMELINE.

Or I am looking for the best format to convert the video to with the LEAST quality loss to make it compatible to edit in video editors.

davedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 8:21 PM   #555

Try the process I outlined a few posts up..

It worked very good and RadTools is a great converter.

N3M3515
N3M3515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:09 PM   #556

davedude wrote:
Quote:
Free player compatible with playing video from DXG-595v

I just want to let everyone know that the free VLC player which can be found at

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Plays 1080p footage from this camera perfectly. Even on my multimonitor computer. I can drag the video to any of my computer monitors and it doesn't miss a beat.

I AM STILL LOOKING FOR A VIDEO EDITOR that will edit video from this camera with SMOOTH PLAYBACK FROM THE TIMELINE.

Or I am looking for the best format to convert the video to with the LEAST quality loss to make it compatible to edit in video editors.

I tried it, but I suspect I just need to add some more memory to the computer, it still played in a herky jerky fashion. I'm at 1G right now and am getting ready to order a bump up to 2.

I should be able to squeeze a little more performance out of a dual core proc than this even with Vista.
Neil Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:37 PM   #557

Another free player that does a good job is KMPlayer. Requires no external codecs and has played every demo video you guys have posted.

JohnnyBra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2008, 12:57 AM   #558

You are running Vista currently with 1GB of memory? Wow. I am amazed you even booted.
davedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2008, 3:25 AM   #559

wayyy off topic here.

I am looking for an inexpenve but still good hd camcorder for my b/f to get me for christmas, he said I have to do research and looks for reviews, fair enough. Well...every camera I look at has rubbish reviews! Was searching from8pm-2am last night and found nothing. Its not the first time I've looked, these past two weeks I've searched a lot. Now I was looking on ebay and found a camera that LOOKS good, but I can't even find ONE review on it! I was wondering if anyone couldhelp me out a little?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-JAPAN-H8-F...742.m153.l1262

Is the one I was looking at. If you think its a pooy camera then maybe a couple suggestions? I don't like the look of those lottle cameras that are cheap and are everywhere, I like the shape of the one in the link. Maybe if it looks twrrible could get some good suggestions under £150 or $220
jessaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2008, 9:46 AM   #560

davedude wrote:
Quote:
You are running Vista currently with 1GB of memory? Wow. I am amazed you even booted.
Believe it or not, this little sucker has been pretty fast until I started working with HD.

I just ordered the memory modules from Crucial to bump it up and will move this memory over to my XP machine that's got....wait for it....a blistering 512MB of memory! :lol:

Next step will be to build a new machine with something a little more current in the processor and memory department.
Neil Russell is offline   Reply With Quote