Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 15, 2008, 10:14 PM   #51

D1PHAM wrote:
Quote:
Triple the camcorder does not have a lens thread.

tripleflip18 wrote:
Quote:
Can anyone confirm if this camcorder has a lens thread so you could attach a wide angle. THANK YOU!
appriciate for your answer, that is sad...
tripleflip18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2008, 8:07 PM   #52

Question, does this camera only run off of the battery, or can it run off of an external power source?
Irongeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 3:40 AM   #53

It has to be run off the battery. However, the NP120 batteries are fairly cheap ($10 for 2). Here is a link to the still performance:

http://vimeo.com/1548159

D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 6:45 AM   #54

That's a bummer. I was hoping it would get power from USB. I want to record some lectures, and I don't know if the battery will hold out.

As a side note, what software did you use to make that slide show?
Irongeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 11:06 AM   #55

Cyberlink PowerDirector 7.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 5:11 PM   #56

I can't seem to enter service mode, is there a trick I'm missing. The documentation says to hold zoom in and push the disp button. I do that and the display goes blank.
nicksws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 5:18 PM   #57

Nick,

Did you have your camera set to Settings mode first?

nicksws6 wrote:
Quote:
I can't seem to enter service mode, is there a trick I'm missing. The documentation says to hold zoom in and push the disp button. I do that and the display goes blank.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 4:08 AM   #58

tripleflip18 wrote:
Quote:
D1PHAM wrote:
Quote:
Triple the camcorder does not have a lens thread.

tripleflip18 wrote:
Quote:
Can anyone confirm if this camcorder has a lens thread so you could attach a wide angle.* THANK YOU!
appriciate for your answer, that is sad...
People have had rigs and commercial mounts (I think) that push against the lens housing, rather than threading, so it might be worth investigating. But I don't remember which they were.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 9:16 AM   #59

Anyone try 16GB SDHC cards on this yet? What happens? Also, I played the train clips on my machine and noticed a choppiness in the action -- possibly my slow cpu? (1.8ghz core 2 duo) or something inherent in the video? I see they are 29.97fps in the file info, though.

Also I read in the online manual that the max file size recorded is 3.95gb. Does the camcorder just stop recording when it hits that point? Or does it continue into a new file automatically? I will be recording musical performances that go on for long periods of time and need no interruption.

Also, anyway to turn autofocus off?

[i'll have to play em on another machine]

scriabinop23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:59 AM   #60

Have you tried to playing it using the ArcSoft player? I haven't tried a 16GB card yet but an 8GB card seems to work just fine. I'll test recording past 3.95GB and I'll let you know.

With regards to autofocus, I sent off a request to DXG on this. Haven't heard back from them yet.

scriabinop23 wrote:
Quote:
Anyone try 16GB SDHC cards on this yet? What happens? Also, I played the train clips on my machine and noticed a choppiness in the action -- possibly my slow cpu? (1.8ghz core 2 duo) or something inherent in the video? I see they are 29.97fps in the file info, though.

Also I read in the online manual that the max file size recorded is 3.95gb. Does the camcorder just stop recording when it hits that point? Or does it continue into a new file automatically? I will be recording musical performances that go on for long periods of time and need no interruption.

Also, anyway to turn autofocus off?

[i'll have to play em on another machine]