Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 14, 2009, 10:19 AM   #641

How do check to see what version of firmware is installed on the DXG 595V?. Sorry if this already has been answered, I looked twice, but could not find It
NuttySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2009, 10:49 AM   #642

NuttySquirrel wrote:
Quote:
How do check to see what version of firmware is installed on the DXG 595V?. Sorry if this already has been answered, I looked twice, but could not find It
Turn the camera on, set the round selector switch to the setup functions (all the way to the right), hold the zoom control towards the zoom position and press the display button. The firmware version will be the first item on the menu.

Press in the exposure button on the back to read the selection
Neil Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2009, 11:01 AM   #643

Neil Russell wrote:
Quote:
NuttySquirrel wrote:
Quote:
Turn the camera on, set the round selector switch to the setup functions (all the way to the right), hold the zoom control towards the zoom position and press the display button. The firmware version will be the first item on the menu.

Press in the exposure button on the back to read the selection
Thank you for your time
Old Feb 15, 2009, 5:31 AM   #644

What is the last frimware update? is it still ver. 1.16?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:16 PM   #645

This is an odd question but where can I even get this camera? Walmart is sold out on its online store. I see links from google, but honestly who can you trust out there?

Ive also tried all the other common big box stores, ebay isnt any help either.

And of course I have looked up the various incarnations of the same camera.

Thanks a bunch, and thanks for the review of the camera.
chewdog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2009, 8:46 PM   #646

Newegg and TigerDirect have both been known to stock the camera from time to time. they both have solid standingfor anonline stores.

http://www.newegg.com/

http://www.tigerdirect.com/

Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:49 PM   #647

Nah, no good. Neither of them have the camera for sale.

Lame - o. :-(

Has anyone heard of these cameras? Im always cautious on ebay, so I thought Id ask yall. It looks similar to the many incarnations.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170303084799
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:59 PM   #648

chewdog316 wrote:
Quote:
Nah, no good. Neither of them have the camera for sale.

Lame - o. :-(

Has anyone heard of these cameras? Im always cautious on ebay, so I thought Id ask yall. It looks similar to the many incarnations.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170303084799
That's the exact same camera,just being sold under another brand.

All the accessories are the same as well, even the little carry bag.

I noticed that the instruction manual in the picture appears to be in Chinese, at least the title on the cover looks that way.

Looks like you come out a little ahead since the shipping is free, but there have been some issues with dead pixels and other little things that make getting one from Walmart a much safer option. If something's not right you can take it back.

Plus you are paying about $40 more than the ones purchased from W.

However, since Walmart is out of the things, this may be the only way to get one!

I'm not knocking an ebay seller, particularly since they have 100% positive feedback, but do note their "return" policy. I quote; "If a problem occurs with a product, we'll support you with advice, and if necessary give you instructions how to return it to China for a repair, replacement, or credit towards buying a different model"

Neil Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:09 AM   #649

Yeah good call, based on a similar forum regarding the HD-10 version, aparently you can only get this on ebay or otherwise.

The DXG version is the only one you can get at W.

Its interesting to me at how many copies of the DXG there are.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 5:56 AM   #650

I ask Walmart, grab a raincheck, ifthey allow online, maybe they'll place, or placed orders, andcan give you a date of on sale again. Sounds like thiswas a goodtimefor a sale though.

Ebay, with that comment above, andam sure you wanted a refund you'll have to pay the return postage, if wanted an exchange you have to pay that postage. who would pay for the return back to you/

$240.00 is awefully alot of dough. You arecovering theshipping, the fees, andall his expenses.

I keep looking and not give up.

The main company, is out there,and am sure they be hapy to ship a camera but I am also sure 50 or more are needed to purchase. you'll still get hit on shipping and papers LOL

this is like with the (cough) Aiptek model in/out of stock

keep an eye out and it will show up.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote