Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 20, 2008, 12:39 PM   #61

Does anyone know a good site where I can buy extra batteries?
pjtoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 4:38 PM   #62

http://www.bluenook.com/search.asp?q...FQYdswoddkXIgA

Or Ebay...I bought 2 X 1800 Mah NP120's for $5.00 each that have been working pretty well.
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 5:14 PM   #63

I just ordered mine a few minutes ago from B&H. I called the support group at the company to inquire about Apple os x support and imovie support. The tech said the officially they only support PC but they do include quicktime software with the camera for use on the PC. I would be interested in any info from anyone who has used this camera with a Mac. Thanks
godindav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 8:10 PM   #64

B & H does not cater to the economy hybrids they think of them as a toy a big toy and will laugh at them in person, tehy are interested in them do not get me wrong just something thestore in person will find notto their liking at times. as Walmart holds the lowest price we followed B & H is a lil overboard on their online opricing be careful where you buy , they are agreat place for products and when in town a place to shop as well.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:54 PM   #65

I too am interested in the "manual focus" issue most importantly being able to "lock" to infinity.

Anyone have "raw" samples I can download? (the links on the first post do not seem to work anylonger??) has anyone tried "cutting" a clip with vdub? does it work without recompression?

I have the HDV178 which I LOVE (I put it in my model rockets amazing onboard video for $99) but vdub croaks if I touch the "start" point so I have to transcode to divx to "cut" the video which I hate :-)

Thanks
nerys71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:20 AM   #66

Thanks Fishycomics. They were more expensive than the other online stores. Walmart was out of stock and best buy as well. I ended up getting it shipped for $206. I am wondering if a 16gb SDHC card would work fine in the camera. Spoofee.com has a great deal on one right now. "Patriot Memory 16GB SDHC Memory Card for $37.27 Shipped After Rebate" I a know the camera only reads 8gb but I am hoping this card would still work or maybe a firmware upgrade down the road will increase that.
godindav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:02 AM   #67

Back when westarted, with the cam/hybrid even major cams/stills they were able to go up one level, after that level they would not work. so today some hybrids will say one thing and do another.

Iwould say yes, and only way to know would be the owners of thecam and thecompany, I think a FW will not fix or modify higher sd but the info they hold etc. be careful on what sdhc card certain ones are causing noise issues etc, and they are the low budget ones with never heard of names.

I owned a Hanshing (DXG) and possably Digiife. used a A-DATA 512 workedfine but I only was able to gethte SANDISK up to 256 only befor crashes. so there are triale anderror. I would not put all your cookies in one basket as well. I always liked using multple cards

they are super enexpensive andwill do fine

godindav wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Fishycomics. They were more expensive than the other online stores. Walmart was out of stock and best buy as well. I ended up getting it shipped for $206. I am wondering if a 16gb SDHC card would work fine in the camera. Spoofee.com has a great deal on one right now. "Patriot Memory 16GB SDHC Memory Card for $37.27 Shipped After Rebate" I a know the camera only reads 8gb but I am hoping this card would still work or maybe a firmware upgrade down the road will increase that.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:06 PM   #68

I don't have a 16GB flash card to test here. But open a ticket with DXG. They will respond quickly.

godindav wrote:
Quote:
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 1:31 PM   #69

Thanks for your reviews everyone. I was in need of a camera for all around use and am going to give this camera a try. It should be here monday.

I also purchased a SanDisk Extreme III SDHC Class 6 8gb memory card as I don't want the memory card to be the hold back for the camera.

I'll be posting up when I have some video.

Brent
blindside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 1:34 PM   #70

Hey D1Pham, how did that 1800mAH battery work out for you? I am looking to purchase a second batter also.
blindside is offline   Reply With Quote