Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 17, 2009, 5:09 PM   #721

I am using a 8GB SanDisk Extreme III, and it works very fine.
sigurdpedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 12:14 PM   #722

I am using a 1GB HP C2, 2GB HP C4 and a 4GB Kodak C4. They all work fine. I did have to use the panisonic formatting utility on the Kodak before it would work properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyalvernaz View Post
Alright, so could you guys list what SD cards your using successfully w/o the "train track" audio issue... I've tried over 15 different cards, all the way from 1GB to 8GB SDHC cards and all had the issue.

Thanks in advanced for any suggestions
Ruckover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2009, 4:21 PM   #723

Default Editing mov-film in PC and returning it to the camcorder

Today I made a mov-file on about 3 GB and I wanted to remove parts of this film. I have found out that you just can remove the whole move-file directly on the camera. If you want to remove parts of it, you have to transfer it over to the harddisk and load it into f ex Quicktime. When I had done this and deleted a part of the file, I wanted to reload it to the camcorder to show the movie on a HDTV screen. When I tried this, I cound se that there was a numbered file on the memory card, but the camcorder could not run it. Does anybody know how I can solve this problem?

Sigurd
sigurdpedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2009, 7:49 AM   #724

Once you start editing the video on ur pc and change it, the camera won't recognise the file anymore, when you try to play it back on the camera. I think this goes for all SD media and HDD based videocameras.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2009, 6:04 AM   #725

Quote:
Originally Posted by adalfa View Post
Once you start editing the video on ur pc and change it, the camera won't recognise the file anymore, when you try to play it back on the camera. I think this goes for all SD media and HDD based videocameras.
With total Extreme media you should be able to render the editedvideo directly back to the cam. most do not load total by arc, they think it is a weak program,and when they realize, what they had, they say, i wish I known that at the start.

So yes you can edit back your clips, and if the cam came wit hthat software. I have my Aipteks and if you need a clip grab one from a person who has a Aiptek file and load to thecam see if it plays, if it does then you need that editing tool.

an :Idea
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:45 AM   #726

Default Need 1.20 version firmware

Can anyone email me the V 1.20 firmware upgrade? The folks at DXG in California got upset when I mentioned this version. Seems we common people aren't supposed to have access to it.

Guess they have never heard of this thing called the Internet and information sharing...

If I could tame this freaking autofocus and keep it from pumping, I MIGHT have a chance in HELL of making a static shot look good.
kinohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2009, 3:23 PM   #727

Well, I went ahead and (foolishly) tried calling DXG again and, let me tell you, they have NO intention of helping sort out the issues I have with my camera other than RMA in it and having me wait an undetermined amount of time before they apply their lackluster attitude toward fixing it.

I mean, the indifference practically OOZED from the telephone.

So, If you are thinking about buying this camera for anything other than shits and grins, think again OR buy from an outlet that will allow you to return it without a restocking fee, because the mother ship just DON'T CARE.

Too damned bad, I like the look of the camera when its not pumping the auto focus furiously (hardly never under any circumstances).

Most businesses go into business to succeed, but it appears that others go into business to exhibit a total indifference to their enterprise. Go figure.

Good luck and save those pennies for a REAL HD camera...
Old Jun 4, 2009, 3:23 PM   #728

Kinohead,

I found that the firmware update currently posted on the DXG website (it's not 1.20, but the date is 12-8-2008) fixed the focus pulsing issue for me. Have you tried that version?

Best,

Brian
brians238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 7:20 PM   #729

Quote:
Originally Posted by brians238 View Post
Kinohead,

I found that the firmware update currently posted on the DXG website (it's not 1.20, but the date is 12-8-2008) fixed the focus pulsing issue for me. Have you tried that version?

Best,

Brian
Brian,

Yes, several times to make sure it took. No difference. It is 1.16V and I noticed no difference.

I am debating on if I should take it apart and see if I can find a lead to cut for the auto focus OR just sell it on Ebay and save for a real camera.

The lens servo is probably all circuit boards, so I'd probably just destroy the camera if I started poking around in there...

Was hoping that it would spark a modding frenzy like the ScanCAts of the 90's, but no such luck.

Frank
Old Jun 9, 2009, 8:21 PM   #730

Great. Tried to run the lens calibration routine and now its even WORSE than before!

I tried running it in a variety of situations, but now it simply refuses to focus on anything but super wide angle.

Any tips here for calibrating?
kinemech is offline   Reply With Quote