Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 21, 2008, 3:05 PM   #71

The battery works pretty well. I can get more than an hour and a half on it. Overall I'm pretty happy for the price I paid.

blindside wrote:
Quote:
Hey D1Pham, how did that 1800mAH battery work out for you? I am looking to purchase a second batter also.
D1PHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 3:08 PM   #72

DXG has posted the firmware update and explanation of the fix on their helpserve site...

http://dxgusa.helpserve.com/index.php

Old Aug 21, 2008, 3:32 PM   #73

Just received a response from DXG....

Thank you for contacting DXG USA. I appreciate your time and patience as I assist you in this matter. Your comments, questions, and correspondence are valuable for me to continue improving my level of service. I will be glad to assist you with your request.

Unfortunately, the DXG-595V only supports up to 8GB SD cards.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at (626) 839-6528 extension 192. Our office hours are Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:30pm PST.

Best Regards,

DXG USA

godindav wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Fishycomics. They were more expensive than the other online stores. Walmart was out of stock and best buy as well. I ended up getting it shipped for $206. I am wondering if a 16gb SDHC card would work fine in the camera. Spoofee.com has a great deal on one right now. "Patriot Memory 16GB SDHC Memory Card for $37.27 Shipped After Rebate" I a know the camera only reads 8gb but I am hoping this card would still work or maybe a firmware upgrade down the road will increase that.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 4:37 PM   #74

Very informitive.

I only say from owning the cams I do.some wil accept forexmple

512 max. and I place in a 1 meg meg and 4 meg some will see just one step up or even the latest so it is a trial and error.

D1PHAM wrote:
Quote:
Just received a response from DXG....

Thank you for contacting DXG USA. I appreciate your time and patience as I assist you in this matter. Your comments, questions, and correspondence are valuable for me to continue improving my level of service. I will be glad to assist you with your request.

Unfortunately, the DXG-595V only supports up to 8GB SD cards.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at (626) 839-6528 extension 192. Our office hours are Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:30pm PST.

Best Regards,

DXG USA

godindav wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Fishycomics. They were more expensive than the other online stores. Walmart was out of stock and best buy as well. I ended up getting it shipped for $206. I am wondering if a 16gb SDHC card would work fine in the camera. Spoofee.com has a great deal on one right now. "Patriot Memory 16GB SDHC Memory Card for $37.27 Shipped After Rebate" I a know the camera only reads 8gb but I am hoping this card would still work or maybe a firmware upgrade down the road will increase that.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 6:52 PM   #75

D1PHAM,

I have noticed that the camcorder you pictured and reviewed is different that the pictures in most of the online sellers sites. They show a 10X Zoom and the microphone is on the top. Your pictures show the microphone on the LCD panel.

Did you order the unit described on the website and received the one you reviewed?

I think you have the next generation DXG-596 with the image stabilization.

As most of the online sellers are out of stock I wonder what the next shipment will be like. With any luck the FW upgrade will installed.
scotia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 7:17 PM   #76

Scotia,

The model I received did look different than the image posted on Walmart's site. When I flashed the bios it did read 596.bin so I assumed it was the 596. It does have EIS and works pretty damn well. I can only speak for Walmart but I'm sure all the orders they ship will be the new 596 unit.

scotia1 wrote:
Quote:
D1PHAM,

I have noticed that the camcorder you pictured and reviewed is different that the pictures in most of the online sellers sites. They show a 10X Zoom and the microphone is on the top. Your pictures show the microphone on the LCD panel.

Did you order the unit described on the website and received the one you reviewed?

I think you have the next generation DXG-596 with the image stabilization.

As most of the online sellers are out of stock I wonder what the next shipment will be like. With any luck the FW upgrade will installed.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:25 PM   #77

That is good news.

From your viedo posts in vimeo itlooks like the quality is pretty good. (why do people use You-Tube).

I hope I can my hands on one. Want to sell your spare?

scotia1
scotia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:00 PM   #78

I'm new to HD camcorders, Does anyone know why the video on the first page looks choppy as things move ect... I want to purchase this camera, but is the video going to studder or is something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
emdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:29 AM   #79

You need to download and install ArcSoft's Total Media Extreme player or at least the codec to make it play smoothly.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 3:10 AM   #80

Does anyone have any 720p video recorded under bad lighting and florescent lights?
bedfordpreneur is offline   Reply With Quote