Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 22, 2008, 7:30 AM   #81

Welcome Aboard Emdog

Welcome Aboard bedfordpreneur

Thankyou for joining thesite, the members who own these will soon answer, enjoy the cam as there are many models here to look at, like this one again enjoy
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 8:13 AM   #82

Thank you! These forums are very informative.
bedfordpreneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:35 AM   #83

Is there any way possible a DOF 35mm adapter could be made or hooked up to this? If so can anyone help me out with ideas or point me in the right direction? I realize no threads on the lens is a big obstacle, but can that be overcome and would the autofocus be an issue?

So many questions....
Fleshoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:45 AM   #84

Welcome aboard fleshoff.

if the members are constructive and want to go this route they'll come foward soon with the answers.

weneed to know the MM sizeand can use magnetic lenses or even modified rings with threads, the possabilities are there
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:40 AM   #85

I finally got the new firmware installed but now the focus is garbage. I ran the focus in setup but that didn't change anything. is there a specific procedure I need to run?

Also I have a 16gig Patriot card in my camera and it works fine, butI havent had anymore than about 1.5 gig recored though.

nicksws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:52 PM   #86

emdog,

I found that if you pause the video and let it download completely before you press start it will run a lot better.

I am running Vista on a MacBook with no add on software.
scotia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 2:21 PM   #87

Fleshoff wrote:
Quote:
Is there any way possible a DOF 35mm adapter could be made or hooked up to this? If so can anyone help me out with ideas or point me in the right direction? I realize no threads on the lens is a big obstacle, but can that be overcome and would the autofocus be an issue?

So many questions....
It is preferable to lock focus iris and or shutter. Short of ripping it apart, locking focus might be a problem. I don't know how the auto focus would react to a focus screen, or a condenser lens adaptor. I imagine it might go all over the place trying to refocus, but it would be simple to test. Get a lens and make a projection box (or grab a friends adaptor) and film from the rear with a makeshift box, and see what happens as you move around.

Do any of the cameras around here lock focus in macro?

A warranty voiding thought, might be an out of warranty focus kill switch.

If you want to lock exposure, some hybrid cameras have a exposure setting, but don't know if that will set exposure at it's extreme. There is another thread here where somebody rips off the lens mechanisms from a pocket camera, and puts a lens mount, that would be suitable project for a 35mm adaptor.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 2:23 PM   #88

nicksws6 wrote:
Quote:
I finally got the new firmware installed but now the focus is garbage. I ran the focus in setup but that didn't change anything. is there a specific procedure I need to run?

¬*

Also I have a 16gig Patriot card in my camera and it works fine, but¬*I havent had anymore than about 1.5 gig recored though.

¬*
What does the setup allow you to do with focus, exposure, iris, shutter, color, or gain? Can any of these be set to a certain value.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 2:31 PM   #89

It doesnt say anything, you click the button and it goes through a focusing rountine then says OK. there are no settings to change.

nicksws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 2:46 PM   #90

scotia1 wrote:
Quote:
D1PHAM,

I have noticed that the camcorder you pictured and reviewed is different that the pictures in most of the online sellers sites. They show a 10X Zoom and the microphone is on the top. Your pictures show the microphone on the LCD panel.

Did you order the unit described on the website and received the one you reviewed?

I think you have the next generation DXG-596 with the image stabilization.

As most of the online sellers are out of stock I wonder what the next shipment will be like. With any luck the FW upgrade will installed.
This is interesting, I have noticed the color from thefish's camera in the file0022.mov footage, looks a lot closer to normal than D1PHAM's camera. Fish, is there anyway you achieved this, or could turn down the color? More like the footage from a 35mm adaptor. D1PHAM, is there anyway you could control color?

D1PHAM, have you seen any higher maximums in your data-rate since last time, especially 720p60?

Thanks.