Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 30, 2008, 3:55 PM   #11

You should see the price in Australia. Around $500-600 American from a re-badger (or was that the original tech company, we have a LCOS tech originator company in Australia. I think they are selling it as a speciality item/media player. Separately, I did see a news release for a Chinese phone with built in projector, but don't have a link yet. I imagine that won't be anywhere near that price.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2008, 11:20 AM   #12

10 pictures per second, sound good for low budget camera like this. I really like small size of these cameras. Still pictures haven't been so good with Aiptek, I hope they will improve so I don't need to buy anything else but Z600. I like to shoot in rain and extreme conditions in winter, so these cheap simple cameras suit perfectly for me. I really would like pocket sized shock proof and water proof camera/camcorder hybrid which is consumer prized, but there just isn't that kind of camera in the market.
Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 1:01 AM   #13

oh wow! this one is sweet...

i was waiting and waiting for something exciting to come from aiptek or canon, and this one seems to fit the bill... specially since it appears to have the form factor (and maybe even size) of my lovely sanyo CG65... but now in HD!

A mic-in connector?!? awesome!!! now let's just hope that the rolling shutter is not a very strong issue with this one.

I'll wait for samples before ordering mine.

subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 9:35 AM   #14

Some links of the Z600:

According to this article the EIS only works in 720p and WVGA resolution. Mic socket is mentioned in the specs, so Aiptek finally listened:
It's in german so run it through babelfish or google trans. I tried posting the translated link but it didn't work.
http://www.photoscala.de/Artikel/Fot...600-von-Aiptek

Some pictures. I like the arragement of the buttons on the back. I think it looks like a Sanyo from behind. The blue piece on top is odd but my guess is that's the mic socket cover.:
http://techlime.com/cameras-projecto...600#more-11195

And also a small article on the mini projector:
http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=d...5lSptmfxMdTE4Q

adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 12:17 PM   #15

Thanks for the links Adalfa!
I dont know what is the blue cover on the top of the z600, anyway, in the last photos of the camera, it is grey. Maybe it s a button.
Then,have a closer look at the picture below, look inside the green circle I draw: could "MIC" be written on that cover?
Attached Images

sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 12:50 PM   #16

signs of a/v and head set, so yes it would be a mic:G

sr71 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the links Adalfa!
I dont know what is the blue cover on the top of the z600, anyway, in the last photos of the camera, it is grey. Maybe it s a button.
Then,have a closer look at the picture below, look inside the green circle I draw: could "MIC" be written on that cover?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 1:53 PM   #17

I have been looking to get an HD Aiptek but was never really keen on the design of the Action HD. This looks promising. I guess we'll see when it finally comes over here...
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 1:59 PM   #18

are you sure b/c you got the MPVr :G

I agree it is a betterdesign. I am open for this one and just need a way to get one :blah:
Old Sep 2, 2008, 2:09 PM   #19

sr71, I think you're right about the MIC socket where you have marked. But perhaps not the best place to put it, cuz making it difficult handling the cam while having a mic connected also. It's just where your hand would cover but then again if you were to use an external Mic, you would use a Mic bracket anyway, to hold both cam and Mic.

I haven't found any video review of the cam at IFA.....yet. There are lots of german tech sites that have small articles, but no actual video review. No camera video samples either.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 2:29 PM   #20

that mic input is totally in the wrong spot

it should have gone to the front and

on the top so

A) we can add a mini boom

B) a wired mic XX feet to the narrater or host in front

Why in the rear like you say where your palm of the handwill only push the plug inward, bend a plug even more and damage the interior.