Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 4, 2008, 8:46 AM   #41

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
mic I am sure it is mono/mono. too soo forAiptek to step up on the plate. but knock us over prove uswrong
Why would it be mono when they clearly state in the specs that it is Stereo which is backed up by the two sets of hole son the outside of the LCD? Or were you referring to the external mic input? Even in that case, why would the external be stereo and internal only be mono?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 9:07 AM   #42

I agree with RGVCam on this one.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 10:48 AM   #43

Schedule Release date in Europe is suppose to be 15 of september, according to the information currently available to support, they don't know much about worldwide release date.

After speaking with support, while they also seem excited with this new camerai'm still not convinced the microphone is going to be that great, as when i asked about a comparison with the AHD200, the assumption is that the audio is fixed in the later firmware... well most of us have seen the reviews on the latest firmware, neverless there is always the external microphone if the internal microphone is not enough.

what they seem excited is with the some of the new features like the auto focus and the fixed focus.

One other thing i notice the other day is that aiptek europe allows paypal transations, but unfortunately they will not ship to the US.

The same thing also happens if someone from Europe tries to purchase something from a shop in the US, but i think this is just a general rule as I found out the other day, when i was planning topurchase a camcorder for half the price(due to the exchange rate)from the US but the shop would not deliver to the UK, I guess has to do with copy right and taxation probably.
delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 2:52 PM   #44

Hello Delta:

The members of this forum seem to help one another.

So if someone is in Europe and buys the Z600 on the German Site, surely enough

a member from USA/Canada will pay that member in Europe for the Camcorder.

I've been helping out my cousin in Italy getting him much better prices here in
Canada.
He would do the same for me if Europe has some that I can not get.

Regards Robert

RobMtl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 3:11 PM   #45

keep me in mind I am looking to grab one but need a way.

wellfor that post abouttalking to Aip. they said the mic is better or they said firmware fixed the mic :G

I am sure the FW only and just only masked the issues nothing more not fixing anythingso a failure will be my best guess here

but only thing that will help is the plug of the ext mic nothing more.

Auto focus has ups/downs. file size and mor so until newer hybrids are being offered I may see what the future holds for this?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 2:47 AM   #46

I been doing some reading on how to get products shipped from the USA to Europe, the tips here may also work the other way around

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/best-buy-usa
Old Sep 5, 2008, 6:25 AM   #47

Hi, Delta again, I am confused, which camera has fixed focus with which firmware update (apart from the fixed lens cameras)?

If you look on ebay they will ship from various places, and Asia, cheap (but you suffer with warranty and have to check out the store). Depending on camera, there are various on-line retailers, and some will ship overseas. globalmediapro comes to memory (I think they have a European/British arm), b&h have a reputation, but don't know if they ship abroad. There is on in SE Asia, Expandore I think (don't know their reputation though). Some retailers do ship overseas.

delta wrote:
Quote:
Schedule Release date in Europe is suppose to be 15 of september, according to the information currently available to support, they don't know much about worldwide release date.

After speaking with support, while they also seem excited with this new camera¬*i'm still not convinced the microphone is going to be that great, as when i asked about a comparison with the AHD200, the assumption is that the audio is fixed in the later firmware... well most of us have seen the reviews on the latest firmware, neverless there is always the external microphone if the internal microphone is not enough.

what they seem excited is with the some of the new features like the auto focus and the fixed focus.

One other thing i notice the other day is that aiptek europe allows paypal transations, but unfortunately they will not ship to the US.

The same thing also happens if someone from Europe tries to purchase something from a shop in the US, but i think this is just a general rule as I found out the other day, when i was planning to¬*purchase a camcorder for half the price(due to the exchange rate)¬*from the US but the shop would not deliver to the UK, I guess has to do with copy right and taxation probably.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 6:32 AM   #48

There is a French guy that has technvideoblog website that comes here and normally goes to these things. If you ask him nicely he may try to get a recording from the camera to post.

Thanks

Wayne.

RobMtl007 wrote:
Quote:

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* Great News:

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* PhotoKina from September 23-28, 2008 at Cologne Germany.

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* Aiptek will be there, will anyone attend this event.

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* If someone is going to this event, then you can test the Microphone input on the
¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* Z600.

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* It would be great to have a Live Video Feed directly from the Aiptek Booth, but
¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* maybe I'm asking for a miracle.

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* Maybe someone can get a free pass or two.

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* Regards Robert

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
Old Sep 5, 2008, 6:36 AM   #49

RobMtl007 wrote:
Quote:

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* FishyComics I totally agree with you get a bunch of technical people from

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* this forum and design our own Camcorder, it won't cost too $$$$$.

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* Regards Robert
Digilife does OEM cameras, ask for full blown unit, lockable focus, iris exposure, with uncompressed live HDMI feed, and highest bit rate. This could even be a current model with modified firmware. See if they want to make such a unit a regular model and supply you with orders.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 7:39 AM   #50

The reference I made to the firmwarehas nothing to do with the focus but to do with a comparison againt the older ahd200 firmware 1.6 versus 2.02 (or something like that), support claims the sound issues were fixed with the latest firmware but most of us here know that it was not truly fixed, so for support to just brush that asside saying that there are no more issues with sound since the new firmware update then that does say much about how great the new mic is going to be in the new ahd z600.

I hope that makes more sense.

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
Hi, Delta again, I am confused, which camera has fixed focus with which firmware update (apart from the fixed lens cameras)?

If you look on ebay they will ship from various places, and Asia, cheap (but you suffer with warranty and have to check out the store). Depending on camera, there are various on-line retailers, and some will ship overseas. globalmediapro comes to memory (I think they have a European/British arm), b&h have a reputation, but don't know if they ship abroad. There is on in SE Asia, Expandore I think (don't know their reputation though). Some retailers do ship overseas.

delta wrote:
Quote:

After speaking with support, while they also seem excited with this new camerai'm still not convinced the microphone is going to be that great, as when i asked about a comparison with the AHD200, the assumption is that the audio is fixed in the later firmware... well most of us have seen the reviews on the latest firmware, neverless there is always the external microphone if the internal microphone is not enough.

The same thing also happens if someone from Europe tries to purchase something from a shop in the US, but i think this is just a general rule as I found out the other day, when i was planning topurchase a camcorder for half the price(due to the exchange rate)from the US but the shop would not deliver to the UK, I guess has to do with copy right and taxation probably.