Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 27, 2008, 7:10 PM   #1

Hi!
The Aiptek Z600 gets now official! The complete specs are now on http://www.aiptek.de/index.php?optio...174&Itemid=325
3 major updates:
1) Electronic image stabilizer (E.I.S)
2)
Night mode supports while recording
* in the lack of light (low light conditions (not 0 lux))
3)
10 pictures per second

Probably new info coming these days from IFA at Berlin....

sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2008, 7:41 PM   #2

As always when getting a model something new pops up. looks like if this cam goes for sale will sell 249 or 229.99

3x opt AF and the image thingy etc... the style looks more A-HD andcorrectly placed its recording in the rear

great Job Aip, just taken forever to um listem to the site?

also I wonder if they corrected the Sound

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2008, 8:00 PM   #3

Official price is about 250€, available from September in Europe ( I dont know for the rest of the world). (source: http://www.chip.de/news/PocketDV-AHD..._32503474.html )
Anyway, you can already pre-order it for about 199€ here: http://www.ebug-europe.com/bug/defau...064318%2CAT%2C

And let s hope about the sound....

Old Aug 28, 2008, 3:12 AM   #4

sr71 wrote:
Quote:
Hi!
The Aiptek Z600 gets now official! The complete specs are now on http://www.aiptek.de/index.php?option=com_product&task=view&productid=1 74&Itemid=325
3 major updates:
1) Electronic image stabilizer (E.I.S)
2)
Night mode supports while recording
* in the lack of light (???? 0 lux or what???)
3)
10 pictures per second

Probably new info coming these days from IFA at Berlin....

Hey, did you read my mind. I was just thinking of looking to see if there was anything new on this. Hmmm... IFA, lets hope that you know who can post original footage from the camera this time, in 720p50 and 1080p modes. Like his stuff anyway.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 3:15 AM   #5

They seem to be indicating they will be showing off that little projector too, that would be good to find out about.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 3:35 PM   #6

Great info sr71. I totally forgot about IFA 2008 in berlin. Many Tawainese companies such as Aiptek and Digilife are gonna be there. I can't wait to see what new cheap hybrid cams will be presented. I'm also keen about the new 3LCD technology. The link is to the IFA 2008 preview magazine.

http://www.ifa-international.org/pub..._D0_250808.pdf

Oh and I think I will wait a bit to see more of the Aiptek PocketDV AHD Z600 before I place an order:G.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 4:13 PM   #7

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
They seem to be indicating they will be showing off that little projector too, that would be good to find out about.
The Aiptek mini projector Pocket Cinema V10 seems to be already available: you can buy it for 299€ at http://www1.conrad.de (do a search in "schnellsuche" with keywords "aiptek pocket cinema")
Old Aug 28, 2008, 6:20 PM   #8

I have been talking today to a shop in Germany about the z600 and they quoted me 200 euros plus shippment which will be about 25 euros to other European countries.

But unfortunately is not in stock yet and they dont yet have a date when they will arrive at the shop, once it becomes available I intend to get one however I keep thinking that I maybe making a mistake, personally I like Sony as they have Carl Zeiss lens and I very much dout that any other camera manufacturer can beat the quality of such optics, specially in low light, i was expecially impressed with the image quality of the sony hdr sr11, however the sony tg3 is much portable and like all sony it also has carl zeiss, I also like the sanyo xacti hd1010, it can slow to 300fps which amkes it quite interesting but it does not have carl zeiss optics...

So the question is, is the aiptek ahd z600 really a middle ground between budget and quality or should i spend a bit more money and buy a well built sony in the first place...

Carl zeiss optics are just the best, I have taken some great footage with my nokia n95 which also has carl zeiss, even in low light is very impressive quality and much better quality then i got out of the aiptek ahd200, but the n95 only goes up to dvd quality.

One positive thing about the aiptek ahd z600, acording to the specs it seems to have a external microphone socket, so i guess if the internal microphone is really as bad as the previous models then at least there is some hope to still use the camera with an external microphone, picture quality during day light I dont thing we are going to see much diference from the previous models, but in low light we really got to wait and see some footage to see what improvements the z600 offers.

when they become avaliable If I decide to go ahead and buy one, i will upload some video samples to help others make a decision.

If meanwhile others here come across some sample videos please upload them to help the rest of us decide if the z600 is really worth it or not.
delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2008, 2:24 AM   #9

Got to look at a datasheet for the camera, pretty much what is on the site. Notice that the data-rate is nearly 9mb/s, pretty much the same as the Action, looks like an Action replacement with more rounded feature set. At least it has 720p30 as well as 60, which some cameras don't have one of. Notice a few extra features there, and continuous shoot. I am not familiar with the Action feature set, so can't really common what has changed. I wish they would do 720p continuous shot at 25fps+. WVGA is good, especially if you have a 32 inch plasma.

Wish I had the manual.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:02 AM   #10

Greetings:

At a price of 299Euro that is about $480.00 Canadian dollars, what!!!!

That is too expensive for a Mini Pocket Projector.

Maybe by Christmas time the price may go down to 199Euro.

Regards Robert
RobMtl007 is offline   Reply With Quote