Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 30, 2008, 3:18 PM   #11

Fishycomics:
by the looks of the cam one is a center swival that wil lreverse in a closed manner
the otehr the swival is in the front and that will not close into the cam but leave open on a angle.

I know it's hard to see on the DV-5000Z pic from above but the swivel mechanism is placed frontal also, as u can see below.

RobMtl007:
Has anyone seen this Camcorder sell on any Online Store, Ebay, etc?

I've only found the Agfaphoto DV-5000Z on german online stores.

http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/...agfaphoto.html

As of now the Xaiox HD-SD700 is only available through Dealcat.de. You can mail him about your question regarding mic-input. He(dealcat) is also on german ebay as a seller.

http://www.dealcat.de/product_info.php?products_id=379

Private Idaho:
The Xaiox Web page doesn't mention the external microphone input, which is strange. The Web page *also* does *not* mention the remote control, which is equally strange.

Yeah I think it's strange too to leave out the mic-input feature. From the Dealcat site it says: "
Mikrofon (integriert, extern optional anschlie├čbar)". The last means something like :"externally connected optional". Or contact him if you are still not convinced.

adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 4:00 PM   #12

Greetings:

I don't how someone can justify a 169 Euro price for a 1280 X 720 Camcorder.

The Digilife 1080HD is below $200 US and has 1440 X1080 resolution.

Is the Xaiox Microphone Input Connection that valueable for a 169Euro price?

If this Camcorder begins selling on Ebay the price should come down.

I would buy it for $180.00 US.

Regards Robert

RobMtl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 5:48 PM   #13

RobMtl007 wrote:
Quote:

Greetings:

Regards Robert

Well prices here in Western Europe are generally higher than the rest of the world. So is the Agfaphoto or Xaiox worth that much? Probably not if you ask me but that's what we(europeans) have to pay. I wish we had low prices like the US but we don't.

You don't wanna know how much I paid for my AHD Z500/Action HD when it first was released here in Europe. I could have easily bought 3 Jazz elite 178's instead.

You can just hope that one of these h-cams soon will be available to you from US ebay sellers at a way lower price.

Old Aug 31, 2008, 9:07 AM   #14

adalfa wrote:
Quote:
RobMtl007 wrote:
Quote:

Greetings:

Regards Robert

Well prices here in Western Europe are generally higher than the rest of the world. So is the Agfaphoto or Xaiox worth that much? Probably not if you ask me but that's what we(europeans) have to pay. I wish we had low prices like the US but we don't.

You don't wanna know how much I paid for my AHD Z500/Action HD when it first was released here in Europe. I could have easily bought 3 Jazz elite 178's instead.

You can just hope that one of these h-cams soon will be available to you from US ebay sellers at a way lower price.
Isn't part of the price difference also due to the 'camcorder tax' you have to pay over there? What percentage of the price is this tax?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2008, 2:01 PM   #15

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
adalfa wrote:
Quote:
RobMtl007 wrote:
Quote:

Greetings:

Regards Robert

Isn't part of the price difference also due to the 'camcorder tax' you have to pay over there? What percentage of the price is this tax?
Yeah you're right, it is. It's actually higher import duty and extra tax because of camcorder like funtionality. And this doesn't only cover digital cameras but also LCD monitors, Multifunctional digital copiers, Set-top boxes and the list goes on.... It's ridicilous how the EU-NC sets their high tariffs. Not to mention import duty and taxes on food also. I think EU is building a "Fort Europa", although travelling and making business within EU borders has become easier for the member countries.

I read somewhere that the tariffs on digital cameras with camcorder functionality would be minimum 4.9%. Infact camcorder tariffs has changed to the worse. Tariffs rising from 4.9% to 14%, because camcorders has been reclassified as "home video recorders", which has a tariff of 14%. EU-NC is also looking into changing the classification of digital cameras to get higher tariffs and so on, CIPA has been complaining about this but with no luck.