Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 29, 2008, 3:45 PM   #1

Well this is not a new hybrid cam as some of you may already know. The Agfaphoto DV-5000Z was first released in Russia only, earlier this year. Now or for a while it has been available to Europe from Germany also. I recently found a clone of this h-cam called XaioX HD-SD700. Oh well, I don't know who the real OEM of this h-cam is, so they both "could" be clones. The specs doesn't show anything out of the ordinary EXCEPT one thing and that is "Mic-input". It has stereo built in mic but also allows u to connect a consumer mic with 3.5mm(1/8") standard connection. I had this confirmed with the seller.

There is a test video of the Xaiox on Vimeo.com, but I don't have the link right now. Just search "xaiox" in vimeo and u will find it. Oh yeah, the video is not raw, straight off the cam. It has been edited and so has audio.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2008, 4:14 PM   #2

I'm very interested. I see it also has a remote, which is another feature I love in addition to the microphone input.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2008, 4:16 PM   #3

Here is the Vimeo link:

http://www.vimeo.com/1292044

Old Aug 29, 2008, 4:17 PM   #4

I found the Xaiox Web site here:

http://www.xaiox.com/hd-sd700.htm

Private Idaho
Old Aug 29, 2008, 4:23 PM   #5

But... wait... there's no mention of an external microphone input on the Xaiox Web page. If there is... I can't find it. Why would they leave that out?
Old Aug 29, 2008, 5:42 PM   #6

Hi Private Idaho,

Yeah I don't know why Xaiox doesn't mentioned anything about the mic-input. Maybe it's an early spec sheet and hasn't been updated. Dealcat, who is the seller confirmed that it DOES have a mic-input. Well some sellers will probably say anything to sell their goods but I believe he's right. I found a picture of the Agfaphoto DV-5000Z which shows where the mic-input is. Though I may be wrong about it having a build-in stereo mic. On Agfaphoto specs it says it has built-in mono mic. So confusing is total. Also I don't know wether the mic-input is mono or stereo.

Oh and thx for finding and adding the vimeo link, Private.

adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2008, 6:35 PM   #7

The picture of the DV-5000Z shows what must be a single internal microphone port on the outside of the screen. This is consistent with a mono mic, not a stereo mic. The Xiaox, on the other hand, has slits on the outside of the screen that look just like the stero mic on the Xacti CG-65 etc.

I'm curious to know what the little square thingie is on the back of the screens of both of them. What feature would you want that would become invisible from the front if you reversed the screen?
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2008, 6:57 PM   #8

by the looks of the cam one is a center swival that wil lreverse in a closed manner

the otehr the swival is in the front and that will not close into the cam but leave open on a angle. so it is possable that thingy is a seperate mic left and right,

and curious aswell that the Fw is of the same company of cogh cough
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 7:50 AM   #9

Greetings:

Has anyone seen this Camcorder sell on any Online Store, Ebay, etc?

Also can anyone confirm that there is a Mic input connection.

Regards Robert
RobMtl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:28 AM   #10

The Xaiox Web page doesn't mention the external microphone input, which is strange. The Web page *also* does *not* mention the remote control, which is equally strange.